Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 AM

460 posts, read 1,273,829 times

Advertisements

Regional Activity Center? heh...not sure why but that politically correct sounding term makes me laugh.
Let's hope it's more Triangle Towne vs Cary Towne.

It's a shame because I think Cary is lacking in good shopping centers. Cary Towne Center is just plain sad, Crossroads is maddening and there's not much else to choose from.

Cary News | Big Alston slows with economy (http://www.carynews.com/front/story/12237.html - broken link)
Quote:

Alston Town Center, Cary’s latest and largest Regional Activity Center, may not have any significant movement for the next two to five years, and may not realize its full vision for a decade or more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveraleigh View Post
Cary Towne Center is just plain sad, Crossroads is maddening
I second this. When we go to CTC or Crossroads, it's just to get something. Not really for enjoyment, other than when we dine out. Cary should have a modern mega mall, but it doesn't. I think they need to completely bulldoze CTC and rebuild. Crossroads would be a good missile practice zone.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:25 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
LOL, I've never even heard of this "regional activity center". I thought it was indoor tennis courts or something with the word "activity in it. I agree with Crossroads, I can't stand it but I actually like the Cary Mall. It's easy to park and it's never super crowded. I don't go to any other mall unless I HAVE to.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 PM

387 posts, read 1,028,031 times
Quote:
Regional Activity Center? heh...not sure why but that politically correct sounding term makes me laugh.
Let's hope it's more Triangle Towne vs Cary Towne.

It's a shame because I think Cary is lacking in good shopping centers. Cary Towne Center is just plain sad, Crossroads is maddening and there's not much else to choose from.
At least fights involving "hundreds" don't break out at Cary Towne Ctr like they at Triangle Town Ctr.
Seven detained after mall brawl - Crime & Safety - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1156386.html - broken link)

Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 PM

460 posts, read 1,273,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson919 View Post
At least fights involving "hundreds" don't break out at Cary Towne Ctr like they at Triangle Town Ctr.
Seven detained after mall brawl - Crime & Safety - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1156386.html - broken link)

Fights of Fight? Uh...what's that got to do with the variety (or lack) of stores?
Wasn't there a robbery/shooting right across the street from Cary Towne?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:57 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson919 View Post

That's just because you can't get a hundred people in there to begin with!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:25 PM

387 posts, read 1,028,031 times
Quote:
Fights of Fight? Uh...what's that got to do with the variety (or lack) of stores?
Wasn't there a robbery/shooting right across the street from Cary Towne?
Variety of stores in Cary Town Center compared with Triangle Town Center? Are you serious? Don't they both have basically the same offering of department stores, national retailers and sesame chicken?

Old 04-15-2009, 01:32 PM

34 posts, read 86,499 times
I thought it was odd how the article grouped CTC and Crossroads with Harrison Square Shopping Center. Harrison Square can hardly be termed a "regional activity center" - it only consists of Sams Club and fast food outlets. Not slightly comparable to the other two.

I agree about CTC being less crowded and easier to park, but it's in desperate need of some TLC. Compared to Southpoint and Crabtree it looks pretty dreadful inside.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
I live next to Triangle.

The disturbance was a rare event. Triangle is well policed and relatively safe.

Only bad stuff I've seen is poop from the geese that now inhabit Triangle and Poyner Place behind it.

Look down and you'll be fine.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:50 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Geordies View Post
I thought it was odd how the article grouped CTC and Crossroads with Harrison Square Shopping Center. Harrison Square can hardly be termed a "regional activity center" - it only consists of Sams Club and fast food outlets. Not slightly comparable to the other two.
It's not the article that did that..."Regional Activity Center" is the largest of three official categories of retail centers defined in the Land Use Plan for Cary. Harrison Square is at the smaller end of that range (too large to be considered a "Community Activity Center"), while CTC and Crossroads are obviously much larger.

Feel free to read up on the different classifications here (http://www.townofcary.org/depts/dsdept/gmp6.htm - broken link) if you're interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary