Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 AM

5 posts, read 27,450 times

Advertisements

Ok, Im still new to this whole website so I think my titles arent getting across exactly what I am looking for so sorry for the long title...
Anyway we are a your family with 4 kids who will be moving to the area soon, we are considering Raleigh and all surrounding towns and cities. However we would like to spend under 200k for a decent house. I work from home so traffic is not an issue for me..
I can research schools etc on line but I would love candid feed back on the safety and crime rates of some of the local areas...Raleigh, wendell,clayton, apex, Fuquay varina, garner, zebulon....Give me good feedback or bad...I want to know where to avoid and where to look. We will be down in about 7 weeks to meet with our realtor and I want to have a good game plan.... Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,692,353 times
I would do some research online as far as finding homes you think are "nice" and call local police departments to get crime rates for that area. You could visit www.fmrealty.com or www.hpw.com, any of the real estate websites you can visit should let you search homes in the area and plug in any specifics you want for your home as far as size, lot size, etc. Durham is easy b/c they have a crime mapper available online http://www.durhampolice.com/crimemapper.cfm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary