Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 AM

584 posts, read 2,419,738 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed how bad the roads in Raleigh have gotten over the last year? Wade Avenue is like is been in a war zone and a lot of our roads are full of crack and potholes - it's like 3rd world roads in some places. What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 11:40 AM

147 posts, read 470,828 times
Well, with all the SUV's the size of tanks rolling up and down Wade Ave, as far as the road is concerned it is a war zone.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 AM

8,785 posts, read 10,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post
Has anyone noticed how bad the roads in Raleigh have gotten over the last year? Wade Avenue is like is been in a war zone and a lot of our roads are full of crack and potholes - it's like 3rd world roads in some places. What gives?
Ever driven in Charlotte? potholes galore here, almost no way of avoiding them.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,376,462 times
I cant provide confirmation of this but from my understanding the money raised from fees like tag registration etc, has been raided by the state goverment to cover other projects.

This has been going on during the Easley admininstration but Perdue is also from New Bern and is raiding other money makers so we are screwed again
I wonder if we can sue the state when we have tire or car damage ..hmmm

Plus it seems that eastern NC has a strong way to get alot of this money. Have you driven to the outer banks . It is smooth sailing.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:50 AM

I already checked about suing the State/City about tire damage but the State protects itself from when it can be sued.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,213,086 times
Dude, ever driven in Connecticut, like this spring after the harsh winter? I'm suprised my fillings haven't shaken out of my teeth! Anyhow, I suppose 'what gives' is that Raleigh had a harsher than usual winter also, I believe, based on what I've read. That kills roads.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:32 PM

I'm not saying roads in other cities are better or worse....I'm talking about here, in Raleigh, cause in al of my years I don't recall the roads being in this bad of shape. Because they're worse in the north, doesn't make it okay to have our roads in shambles.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,213,086 times
I'm saying you had a harsh winter, did you not? If so, that would explain the roads-it's only mid-April yet, so perhaps all have not been patched yet. Why don't you just call the appropriate city dept and ask when it will be patched???

Old 04-19-2009, 04:06 PM

646 posts, read 2,046,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
I'm saying you had a harsh winter, did you not? If so, that would explain the roads-it's only mid-April yet, so perhaps all have not been patched yet. Why don't you just call the appropriate city dept and ask when it will be patched???
The harsher then it's been in years winter is very responsible for how bad the roads are right now.

Here is a editorial coloum form the N&O posted ...HERE

You can report potholes HERE (http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_0_306_204_0_43/http;/pt03/DIG_Web_Content/dept/public/PubWorks/Dept-AboutUs-PubWorks-StreetMaint.html - broken link) at the City of Raleigh's website.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,334,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
No, it was a pretty typical winter. "Harsher" than recent years, maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary