Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,014 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to NC with a job possibility in Asheboro. My significant other is also planning to move with me. My question is that her needs would require to be within a reasonable driving distance to Cary. The in drive in between Asheboro and Cary (on 64) seems too rural but I did notice a town called Pittsboro that was equidistant. Anyone have some information on Pittsboro or maybe another town/city that is easy to commute from? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 06:05 PM

223 posts, read 1,065,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauwa View Post
I am considering a move to NC with a job possibility in Asheboro. My significant other is also planning to move with me. My question is that her needs would require to be within a reasonable driving distance to Cary. The in drive in between Asheboro and Cary (on 64) seems too rural but I did notice a town called Pittsboro that was equidistant. Anyone have some information on Pittsboro or maybe another town/city that is easy to commute from? Thanks in advance!

Pittsboro could work for the commute, and it would be about 45 mins. for each of you to your respective jobs. Pittsboro is tiny, not a whole lot there, but sort of quaint. There is one grocery store in town (Food Lion), and a grocery co-op, and also a new Harris Teeter up 15-501 close to Chapel Hill. You'll find all the big box stores in Cary and Asheboro, so you can always shop there after work as needed. Pittsboro could serve as a nice retreat from work, but for entertainment your closest option will be Chapel Hill, about 20 mins. up the road.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 9,267 times
Default Pittsboro

Pittsboro is great. It seems to be an up and coming area. It is definitely a slow growth town (based on who they have put in office), but I LOVE it. I don't live there, I live in Cary, but we do own some land there because we believe it's going to pop. It's got kind of a crunchy vibe...and I do not mean that in a bad way. As the previous poster mentioned it's got a great co-op grocery store, and the Pittsboro General Store (a restaurant that is probably best for breakfast and lunch) that serves organic veggies, cheeses, no hormone meats, etc.). The Chatham County Art Council is also in Pittsboro as is a gallery, and some great little shops.

It's not far from Apex or Chapel Hill. It's far enough to be peaceful, but close enough to get everything you may need.

I hope that helps. Please send me a message if you need additional information. I'd be happy to help.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:26 PM

11 posts, read 31,671 times
I think with ideal traffic, 45 min. is possible but morning/afternoon traffic can be a different story. Pittsboro-Asheboro you have to deal with Siler City (not too bad) and Ramseur (hit or miss depending on the day). Realistically I would say you are looking at an hour. Pittsboro-Cary, probably depends on where she is working. If she is on the near side it would work, far side... make sure the radio works.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:39 PM

106 posts, read 403,450 times
Pittsboro is actually getting ready to boom. Dr Goodnight (founder of SAS) has bought a huge amount of land near the new Lowes home impr. and is planning on putting a community like Briar Creek (golf course, homes, schools, shopping all in 1 community). I would think Pittsboro would be your best bet as far as being semi-equal distance to both work places.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,695 times
pittsboro is fine, it is actually pretty cool with the traffic circle at the courthouse and all. The surrounding country is just gorgeous. Look around the Haw river. There is also some very good deer hunting out that way but access can be a problem. If you can afford some acreage definitely buy.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:35 PM

129 posts, read 566,117 times
Pittsboro/Chatham County is getting ready to see a big difference. Word has it they are going to feel our overflow here in Wake County. Now is the time to get the land and home before it all occurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary