U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:21 PM

15 posts, read 27,260 times

Advertisements

I decided to go to the gym after work today. I arrive, parking lot is empty. The gym is deserted, and on the door is an eviction notice. Peak Fitness has been evicted due to failure to pay rent.

I suppose this is a good opportunity to get out of my contract with them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,751,094 times
I think the location in Apex is closed too. Drove by and a big sign was on the front door. Anyone know the status of Family fitness? They in good shape?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:14 AM

12 posts, read 22,230 times
Default Peak Fitness Downtown

I just saw the post that the Duraleigh Peak had been shut down. I didn't think that they could be evicted after filing for Chapter 11? Has anyone heard anything about the North Raleigh and Downtown locations?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,640 times
Default Opening back up?

To Peak's credit at the Duraleigh/Glenwood location, they have had employees posted outside telling people that they can go to any other Peak location or even the Gold's Gym in Pleasant Valley (very nice place). There are rumors that our old gym will open back up in a couple of weeks....we'll see.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM

149 posts, read 591,479 times
They might lose most of the customers, I think... There's too many gyms in the area that one can go to without having to put up with stuff like that, especially if they do their research on Peak/Beyond Fitness. The gym that just opened up the street where CompUSA used to be on Glenwood, Rapid Fitness, they seem to be doing very well at the start; it's always packed. And their amenities put Peak's to shame. Between Rapid, Planet Fitness, and the Gold's Gym, there's a lot of alternatives for any disappointed Peak customer. Even the Anytime Fitness on TW Alexander would be a nice alternative for someone who needs a 24/7 gym.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,533 times
We showed up at Peak Fitness at 5am on Monday to find out they had closed. Fitness 19 employees were in the parking lot handing out fliers and trying to recruit members for their gym. I called customer service who confirmed they are "temporarily" closed, hoping to negotiate with the building managers. I doubt we will ever seem them reopen...I do think this has happened with other peak/beyond fitness in the past. It is true that we can use the Golds Gym at Pleasant Valley, i went the other night and had no trouble getting in, just had to sign in as a guest. Does anyone know how long we are able to use Golds for? It is a MUCH nicer gym than Peak, but also a lot more expensive.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 AM

41 posts, read 100,247 times
I have been going to the duraleigh location since 02, from when it was golds, so fit, beyond fitness and now PEAK. I dumped that place this past March and joined Rapid Fitness in late December b/c of the cheap rate and the rumors of peak closing. bam it happened. PEAK turned into a dump, crap lying around, db's all out of order on the rack. kind of sad leaving PEAK but that place went downhill. some buddies joined RAPID and they said it's going to reopen in two weeks but last night I drove by and cars were there and a few folks inside lifting so maybe it has. good luck to them. I doubt folks go back.

DL

Old 04-23-2009, 08:22 PM

149 posts, read 591,479 times
I took a tour of Rapid Fitness before it officially opened, and it blows Peak away. I had been tempted to join, but I got a sweet corporate deal on a Gold's membership through my job.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,814 times
Default Peak Fitness Duraleigh Location

Thanks so much for this post. I sit here in my workout clothes about to go the Duraleigh rd locatoin of Peak Fitness, only to no longer see it listed on thier web site when I went to look up directions, so I am glad I did not go! I have had a membership for years going thru several differnent club names and my membership is dirt cheap. This makes it good for me. The Garner location is terrible, but the downtown raleigh location is fantastic as well as N Raleigh and Cary.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 AM

635 posts, read 1,540,332 times
When I passed by the one near SuperTarget/Southsquare in Durham the other day, I noticed their sign board outside had the letters up spelling "We are here to stay".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary