Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 01:34 PM

43 posts, read 109,585 times

Advertisements

We are still in RI waiting to sell our condo before buying a townhome in Raleigh/Wake Forest area. We like the looks of Braddock Park in Hillsborough and also Magnolia@Wakefield. I saw some problems with Braddock Park's Portrait homes and wondered what has happened with that? Opinions or experiences with either place? We originally wanted a single floor but they seem to be rare so we will consider a two story with first floor master. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 04:48 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,333,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmg47 View Post
We are still in RI waiting to sell our condo before buying a townhome in Raleigh/Wake Forest area. We like the looks of Braddock Park in Hillsborough and also Magnolia@Wakefield. I saw some problems with Braddock Park's Portrait homes and wondered what has happened with that? Opinions or experiences with either place? We originally wanted a single floor but they seem to be rare so we will consider a two story with first floor master. Thanks in advance.
My boyfriend and I really liked Braddock Park. I grew up just a few minutes up the road, and Hillsborough has always been my favorite town. After hearing about the Portrait Homes issue we decided against them. Ultimately, he decided against townhomes all together. I cannot tell you what is going on with Portrait, but if things are better I would definitely consider them. The location and town are perfect!

We also liked Wake Forest, but the location and traffic just wasn't for us.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,431,577 times
Quote:
I'm familiar with Magnolia @ Wakefield.
A Raleigh address with Wake Forest across the street !
I don't think its actually part of Wakefield.. rather piggybacking off the name.
Once upon a time the homes were priced from the 190's - then the 160's.. and now the 140's............
I think there may have been another builder but I can't say for sure.
Some of the homes back up a old building on 98. The owner isn't interested in selling (I heard he used to own a lot of the land in Wakefield proper).
Some of the homes back up to parts of the Hwy 98 Bypass but there is a privacy fence
Some of the homes actually face the Hwy 98 Bypass but there is a privacy fence.
The model home is very nice.
Some of the homes under construction don't have a fireplace (if that is important).
I believe they have a lot of buyer incentives.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:57 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,397,124 times
Quote:
Just wanted to say hello and wish you well on your move. We're from RI and have been here exactly a year. We love it! Good luck on selling your condo. Where in RI are you coming from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary