Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:45 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,941 times

Advertisements

Been looking now for a couple months and now I know...NO postage stamp lots, NO cookie cutter neighborhoods, NO they-cut-all-the-trees-down neighborhoods, must have some land and a decent commute to things to do (shopping mostly ) And I'm a big neighbor type person...I like to know the people I'm living around, love to be outside and walk the dog, go to the pool, that kind of thing.

Budget is around $200K. Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Been looking now for a couple months and now I know...NO postage stamp lots, NO cookie cutter neighborhoods, NO they-cut-all-the-trees-down neighborhoods, must have some land and a decent commute to things to do (shopping mostly ) And I'm a big neighbor type person...I like to know the people I'm living around, love to be outside and walk the dog, go to the pool, that kind of thing.

Budget is around $200K. Help!
What is a postage stamp lot to you?
Some folks it is .15 acre.

Some folks, anything under an acre doesn't offer enough space.

Where would you hope to find this home? Close to shopping is most of the triangle.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
What is a postage stamp lot to you?
Some folks it is .15 acre.

Some folks, anything under an acre doesn't offer enough space.

Where would you hope to find this home? Close to shopping is most of the triangle.
Postage stamp to me is anything under .3 acre...

"Where" is exactly my question!!!
That's what I am hoping to get as far as suggestions. We've been checking out Clayton and Garner and I'd like to hear from people who live either there or elsewhere that feel they have all the things I've mentioned. I'm just at a bit of a loss at this point. Maybe someone will see my post and say "Hey! She is describing my neighborhood!"

Old 04-22-2009, 07:29 PM

513 posts, read 1,605,257 times
sounds like johnston county...fuquay may have something for you. anything in that price range that is fairly new will be "cookie cutter"

Old 04-22-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Postage stamp to me is anything under .3 acre...

"Where" is exactly my question!!!
That's what I am hoping to get as far as suggestions. We've been checking out Clayton and Garner and I'd like to hear from people who live either there or elsewhere that feel they have all the things I've mentioned. I'm just at a bit of a loss at this point. Maybe someone will see my post and say "Hey! She is describing my neighborhood!"

You don't mention new construction, so assuming that is not necessary....

Lamishra comes to mind.
Iron Gate in Cary.

Woodwinds in Cary.
Scottish Hills in Cary.

There are opportunities in Apex, Holly Springs, too.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 04-22-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Iron Gate in Cary
Woodwinds in Cary.
Scottish Hills in Cary.
You da' man Mike. I'm writing those places down. Looking at those homes almost makes me want to change my address and my name to "Central_Cary_Guy", but CCG just doesn't have the same ring to it!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Where will you be working? That can make a big difference.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
You da' man Mike. I'm writing those places down. Looking at those homes almost makes me want to change my address and my name to "Central_Cary_Guy", but CCG just doesn't have the same ring to it!
Ya mean....
???

Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
yep, central Cary (Irongate) is where I live and fits all of your description. I'm not sure if an HOA is important to you or not, but we have no HOA here and that was a big draw for us as well. The neighbors are great for the most part (and the ones who aren't just stay to themselves and mind their own business). We have block parties and socials all the time. There is no n'hood pool, but we all belong to the same swim club about a mile away.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 PM

484 posts, read 1,584,632 times
Waterford Green in Apex? I know some people that live there. The homes are around $200,000-$250,000 I think (with the newer construction section ranging in the upper $200's) and the homes aren't cookie cutter. But, the lots are pretty small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary