Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I guess I am missing the issue. Just log onto PayXpress one time and set it up to be paid with your CC automatically. You never have to look at it again, as the charge will show up on you CC bill. Mine is always the same low amount, as I am on a 2 year contract and I am paperless so I don't even bother to check out the e-bill. It is about as easy as it can be and I get bonus points for it, which helps pay for my gasoline.
Hah.. there is no chance at all that I will authorize TWC to charge me automatically.. I don't even let my mortgage company do that, and I trust them a whole lot more than I do TWC! I get all my bills electronically through my bank, login to one place, verify the amounts and set everything to pay on the due date. If TWC doesn't want to let me do that any more they can send me paper bills and hopefully I'll remember to pay them every month!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:16 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Hah.. there is no chance at all that I will authorize TWC to charge me automatically.. I don't even let my mortgage company do that, and I trust them a whole lot more than I do TWC! I get all my bills electronically through my bank, login to one place, verify the amounts and set everything to pay on the due date. If TWC doesn't want to let me do that any more they can send me paper bills and hopefully I'll remember to pay them every month!
I prefer everything be done on my CC, as it is insured. I have never had a problem with them billing me and by putting everything I can think of on the CC and paying it all at the end of the month I have a nice itemization of what I paid in one place and free gasoline for my car.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,670 times
Quote:
I guess I am missing the issue. Just log onto PayXpress one time and set it up to be paid with your CC automatically. You never have to look at it again, as the charge will show up on you CC bill. Mine is always the same low amount, as I am on a 2 year contract and I am paperless so I don't even bother to check out the e-bill. It is about as easy as it can be and I get bonus points for it, which helps pay for my gasoline.
Wow, you really trust private corporations to bill you for services and automatically charge your your credit card? No way in Hades would I allow that. I guess you've never found an error on any of your bills (not just TWC) ever in your life? I know I have!

Plus, I occasionally order an on demand movie, so my bill is not always exactly the same due to that. I want to see that I am being charged correctly.

Sorry, I know you have a big time crush on TWC, but I don't trust any company that is taking my money to just take it without being able to look over exactly what they are charging me for and personally authorizing the payment.

Quote:
I get all my bills electronically through my bank, login to one place, verify the amounts and set everything to pay on the due date. If TWC doesn't want to let me do that any more they can send me paper bills and hopefully I'll remember to pay them every month!
This is the same thing that I do, and it is the most convenient way to pay bills and keep my accounts balanced. I have been the victim of credit card fraud in the past, so I like to be able to see where all my money is going on one screen. No auto-payments for me - I wonder how much money these companies make from erros on bills to people who never look at what they are paying? I know that phone companies used to do this stuff all the time.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I prefer everything be done on my CC, as it is insured. I have never had a problem with them billing me and by putting everything I can think of on the CC and paying it all at the end of the month I have a nice itemization of what I paid in one place and free gasoline for my car.
It isn't a matter of it being a credit card, but a matter of the company having access to charge your account (whatever type it may be) at their will.

I charge just about all of my expenses to my credit card as well, and get more than just free gasoline. I still won't let a company just charge my card at their will.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
This is the same thing that I do, and it is the most convenient way to pay bills and keep my accounts balanced. I have been the victim of credit card fraud in the past, so I like to be able to see where all my money is going on one screen. No auto-payments for me - I wonder how much money these companies make from erros on bills to people who never look at what they are paying? I know that phone companies used to do this stuff all the time.
Yeah, I just don't feel comfortable with it. I've just been checking out AT&T's deals and I think I can get $275 to switch my phone & internet to them. AT&T is offering a 24-month price guarantee with NO contract! The funny part is that in order to get $125 back for switching from cable, you need a copy of your cable bill. When I try to view my TWC bill from within my online banking, I get an error message and it won't display! I wonder if they are trying to prevent people from switching!?

Anyhow, I'm 100% sure I'm dumping TWC in the coming weeks.. my promo prices are up in July and I'm just tired of paying them for bad customer service. This change to electronic billing is just the last straw!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I just don't feel comfortable with it. I've just been checking out AT&T's deals and I think I can get $275 to switch my phone & internet to them. AT&T is offering a 24-month price guarantee with NO contract! The funny part is that in order to get $125 back for switching from cable, you need a copy of your cable bill. When I try to view my TWC bill from within my online banking, I get an error message and it won't display! I wonder if they are trying to prevent people from switching!?

Anyhow, I'm 100% sure I'm dumping TWC in the coming weeks.. my promo prices are up in July and I'm just tired of paying them for bad customer service. This change to electronic billing is just the last straw!
My promo prices are also up in July, and I'm thinking about ditching cable TV altogether. All I really need is internet service. I don't have a landline phone and have no intention of getting one anytime soon, so TWC's pricelock package does not apply for me. I'm not keen on paying for something I know I won't use.

Ironically, I got my TWC bill today in my bank's e-bills. It did pull the bill up for me as usual, so maybe I will get one more bill that will come through before June 30. Sorry to hear that yours is already not working.

I wish Uverse was available in my area, but alas it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary