Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,782,005 times

Advertisements

Time Warner and Embarq can't compete with city-owned ISP, trying to outlaw it

I've never heard of Greenlight, but awesome. Go Wilson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 01:44 PM

792 posts, read 4,474,436 times
TWC is right up there with Peak Fitness among companies that are unethical and borderline criminal, and this is just one more piece of evidence about that (as if more was needed). I think Salisbury is also working on a Fibre-to-the-Home project.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,048,244 times
I once tried to call TWC, and they never answered their phone.

In retrospect, I was so glad they never picked up.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:50 PM

426 posts, read 1,451,549 times
I saw that article on engadget yesterday. I hope the local news picks up on the story. I'm freakin' jealous of Wilson. I hate TWC. Hate them with a passion. And they haven't even implemented their bandwidth caps yet.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:00 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,458,724 times
Sammy,

They aren't going to implement their bandwidth caps yet. They have put it on hold until they can convince us we need this. Now they're working on getting us information on what we use each month, so we can see their bandwidths are there to help us, not hurt us. Yeah, it's all a load of male bovine feces. There's a thread here about the cap and subsequent pulling of said cap.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 AM

16 posts, read 160,332 times
As soon as I have an option from their monopoly in my area, I'll jump off the TWC bandwagon...even if it costs more. What a fiasco they have been since (and before) going off of the parent company.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:59 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,321,768 times
Two phone calls cure a hurting head! One to either a Satellite company or phone company for cable/phone. The other to TWC bidding them and singing is recommended;

"farewell and adieu to your High Priced Cable/Phone..."?
"farewell and adieu to your helpless help line..."?
"farewell and adieu to your confusing bills..."?
"For we've received orders to terminate service."

P.S. I think Quint sang that song in the movie Jaws. Who would of known?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 AM

226 posts, read 785,874 times
Gosh, I hate it that all of you are so anti-TWC. I have had it for years and have had no "high priced cable/phone" (not compared to anyone else's service), no "helpless help line". I've only had to call once during an outage and had no problems. No "confusing bills". I'm billed for the services I receive. Pretty simple. I'm looking forward to their "start over" service and plan to stick with them until someone can REALLY beat them, speed-wise and price-wise.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:30 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,908,730 times
I would STRONGLY suggest that the people of NC assemble, write their representatives and tell that any legislation passed that bans community telecommunications will be well remembered come election time.

DO WE RESIDE IN A FREE COUNTRY OR NOT? Hello people, have your cup of morning joe and wake up!

You want customer service with these guys? Hold times in excess of an hour only to get some employee who puts you on hold and then hangs up on you!

They lied to me for months when my service would not work. they charged me while my service was out due to their expanding in my area.

They want to bill for actual useage rather then a flat rate

they borderline have a monopoly already in my opinion

Anti-trust and monopoly laws should be applied here.

They cannot dictate, through kickbacks, and good ole boy system, that which is illegal. If the town of Wilson wants a community internet provider, they damn well should have one!

I can't wait for my two years to be up with this joke of a company!

Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 PM

1,998 posts, read 3,565,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayVillage View Post
Gosh, I hate it that all of you are so anti-TWC. I have had it for years and have had no "high priced cable/phone" (not compared to anyone else's service), no "helpless help line". I've only had to call once during an outage and had no problems. No "confusing bills". I'm billed for the services I receive. Pretty simple. I'm looking forward to their "start over" service and plan to stick with them until someone can REALLY beat them, speed-wise and price-wise.
Cable companies in general have the worst service records ever. If you don't have a problem with your service you probably haven't experience the helplessness and lack of motivation you receive from the customer support people.

Have you looked at your bill in detail or do you just pay it, there are so many charges, rentals, packages, taxes, fee, ect, prorating.

Do you have your cable boxes lock up daily, the picture tile and lock up?

Top that off with their threat to start charging you more for internet service. They suck I wish I could get Dish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary