Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:35 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Danielle - congrats to him...

I just purchased my first home on the 3rd of this month I am now doing all the yard work and stuff - after yard saling and going to thrift stores and finding some awesome deals! The one good thing about the housing market is it does bring some of the prices down for those of us who needed them to - and first time homebuyers too - finally no more apartments for me or my kids and they have an actual YARD to play in!
Congrats to you too! It was a short sale that he got for $28,000 less than what it sold for a year and a half ago. He also got a great rate and the $8,000 from the government! He was suppose to close back in February, but the bank (seller) has issues and drug it out FOREVER So the house has been unoccupied for the last two months and the grass is so crazy! We will also be painting every room. Lots of work, but I am excited!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 10:02 PM

133 posts, read 452,372 times
Quote:
We are preparing our house for the market, but we are in no rush....there are two houses we are looking at but I would definitely rather be displaced for a few months than have 2 mortgages.
That's pretty much where we are too. We're still kind of in the decision making process on what to prepare and how to prepare it. It'll be a miracle if it's on the market by June 1st, but that's what I would like to aim for.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM

206 posts, read 596,872 times
I live in Mordecai right now, renting a house. I'm currently one of those people looking to buy a house. I'm documenting my home search in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...buy-house.html

Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 PM

206 posts, read 596,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblackey View Post
Already have my eye on one in Mordecai...
Good choice! I love this neighborhood; I just can't afford to buy a house here.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 AM

99 posts, read 307,286 times
I've got a condo in Austin I've been trying to sell for the last 6 months. Oh wait, that's not what you meant, is it?

Old 04-27-2009, 06:03 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,865 times
We sold our house in Feb - closed at the end of March and have been living temporarily in a 2 bedroom townhouse until we can find something to buy!! It's proving really difficult!!! We are trying to stay under $200k and we need 4 bedrooms. I would say the housing market has picked up!!
I am slowly going insane living here with 3 kids and two dogs!!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:38 AM

323 posts, read 1,791,400 times
Hi,
I am trying to sell my N.Raleigh Townhouse and actually came back here from being up North so I could do that.
I love N.Raleigh and purchased my Townhouse in 2005 for myself and two sons. However with deep regret my older son died unexpectantly before he turned 22yrs old.
My younger son and I stayed here . But in deep grief, until it became apparent to me that I needed family and friend support back home. So I decided to move back and placed my house on the market.
(I am longing to go home where my sons were raised and my older son died.)
But guess what?
The market situation happened and I live in an older Townhouse community and the house is not selling, to this date.
I am a nurse and make nurse wages and cannot afford two places. So I had to come back down here to work and live here temporarily until house is sold. In the meantime my other son and family is back home and I have a relationship also waiting for me.
I love it down here in Raleigh and specifically the neighborhood I am in but I long to go home and be with my family.
So thats where I am at in all of this.
I am being responsible, paying my bills, working at jobs I do not necessarily enjoy and avoiding foreclosure (if I go home it will mean taking a drastic pay cut and hence will not be able to afford two places and probably would have to foreclose) .
I am hanging in there and praying to God for an opening so that I can go home.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:56 AM

475 posts, read 1,575,536 times
energygrrl > here is sending good vibes your way and anyone else here looking to sell their houses. From my part, we signed on a contract to build a new house. We got a tremendous deal, we needed a larger house, and everything fell into place with that one.We qualify for the 2nd house without selling this house, and CAN make both mortgage payments easily. But, it would be nice if we can sell this and be able to put in a nice chunk of down payment on the new one. I am working like crazy to get the house ready for the market - new carpet, paint - I love this house and I look around it and think how someone will not like it enough to buy it...and it is making me completely stressed, so I can imagine how some of you feel like.D

Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 AM

323 posts, read 1,791,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by des1rees View Post
energygrrl > here is sending good vibes your way and anyone else here looking to sell their houses. From my part, we signed on a contract to build a new house. We got a tremendous deal, we needed a larger house, and everything fell into place with that one.We qualify for the 2nd house without selling this house, and CAN make both mortgage payments easily. But, it would be nice if we can sell this and be able to put in a nice chunk of down payment on the new one. I am working like crazy to get the house ready for the market - new carpet, paint - I love this house and I look around it and think how someone will not like it enough to buy it...and it is making me completely stressed, so I can imagine how some of you feel like.D

I know. So many people are struggling and/or in what I call a "pickle".
Like yourself I am sending positive light and prayers to all.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,664 times
currently looking for something in North Raleigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary