Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:42 PM

38 posts, read 154,970 times

Advertisements

If you have been having any repair issues throughout negotiations, then you should probably be there for the "walk through" if not it's just paperwork and they should be able to overnight it to you for signature and you return same way. Many buyers here do it that way because there are so many out of state buyers. If it would make you feel better discuss this with your attorney here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 02:16 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,415 times
You can have the legal papers faxed to you before the actual closing and proofread everything, making sure it is all straight. And I would recommend giving your attorney "power of attorney" should you decide not to attend.

The realtor can walk thru the house for you and should that be your choice, I would suggest while they are doing the walk thru they are on the phone with you and you can both converse back and fourth.

Are you purchasing new construction or a resale?

Old 04-03-2007, 02:44 PM

607 posts, read 2,430,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Do you trust your agent (rhetorical question - ) Is someone trustworthy going to sign-off on the final walk through / inspection? If yes, and there's no little voice saying "you better go" - stay home and use the time for when you get here. Besides, there's really good medicine for those voices....
Are you kidding? I am looking forward to those voices, so that when I move I won't be lonely!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 02:46 PM

607 posts, read 2,430,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
You can have the legal papers faxed to you before the actual closing and proofread everything, making sure it is all straight. And I would recommend giving your attorney "power of attorney" should you decide not to attend.

The realtor can walk thru the house for you and should that be your choice, I would suggest while they are doing the walk thru they are on the phone with you and you can both converse back and fourth.

Are you purchasing new construction or a resale?
Our home is a resale.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,981 times
Liz:

Did you purchase new construction? Are you going to have a mortgage? That adds substantially to the paperwork! The closing attorney should be able to overnight all of the paperwork to you for the close that you can see it all and sign and send back, did you agent talk to you about that? I did that on the selling end. If that cannot happen, then at least get the closing statement (HUD 1) sent to you prior to closing so that you can look through all of the numbers.

Is is necessary? No. Would it be a more comfortable thing, probably. It gives you the time to walk through the house, get everything taken care where you can see it with your own eyes.

Just my thoughts.

Leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary