Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM

519 posts, read 981,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern country redneck View Post
The op is trying to sell it. It'd an ad.
It wasn't a very good ad if most people couldn't figure out the post.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BZee2Pee View Post
As I write this I am leaving work in Chapel Hill and in 18 minutes I will pass this house on my way home a few blocks short of my supper table. The school that a child living in this home would have the good fortune of attending is off the charts good.

You guys keep drinking the Kool-Aid Sometime this spring or summer a new family will call this home, "home" and I promise you they will stare at the ceiling their first night in this new bedroom and say out loud with glee: SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My God man, and to think you called me mixed up? Give us a clue, at least?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
My logical guess would be that the OP is referring to a house that is in Mebane, where they live, or somewhere near there in Northern Orange County. The house is probably considerably cheaper than it would be if it were in Chapel Hill; where they OP works. Chapel Hill is touted as having the best schools around but at a fairly expensive cost of living. They are essentially taunting people who "drink the kool-aid" to believe that you have to live in Chapel Hill and spend a lot of money to get a good school; when apparently there are really good schools in northern Orange County where the homes are much cheaper.

Either that or as someone else said they are just trippin' out on spiked koolaid

Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 AM

519 posts, read 981,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
My God man, and to think you called me mixed up? Give us a clue, at least?
There was a clue at first. Best guess that the OP had to take down the link to the home because it violated TOS.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BZee2Pee View Post
You guys keep drinking the Kool-Aid
You're the one drinking the Kool-Aid here. You make no sense.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:44 AM

323 posts, read 1,790,881 times
LMAO!
Maybe I should try that.
"Someday you will be laying in bed thinking...I could get to chapel Hill within 20-30 minutes. Durham in 20 minutes. 15 minutes to Downtown raleigh. 10 minutes to North Hills and 30 minutes to Butner (if I work at Central Regional) .
I am 10 minutes from an active dog park. 5 -10 minutes to bustling shops and ten minutes to Triangle Town Center!
Ohh life is good! "

LMAO!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 AM

130 posts, read 390,584 times
Here is the deal: I was about ready to leave work in Chapel Hill yesterday at 6:00 pm and I was checking mortage rates (as I have a 5.75 30 year fixed rate and might refinance since I don't plan on going anywhere) on Zillow.com and somehow ( I guess spyware, cookies ) Zillow knew I lived in the 27302 area code (Mebane--Alamance Co. side of city) and I saw a house "for sale" pop up in an advertisement that is a couple of streets up from where I live. I know the place cause I often saw the owner working on restoring a Corvette in his garage at night as I walked my dogs. I have always marveled at how nice they keep the place up (single retired couple no kids is my guess) anyway the price was $154,900 and I just had to shake my head after hearing some of the people I work with today talking about their tax bills in Orange Co. and Chapel Hill and knowing what they paid for their homes. The other thing is my wife who is a child psychologist and has been in about every elementary school in Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Orange Co purposely found us the house we live in now so that we would be zoned to South Mebane Elementry. In her professional opinion (she is also K-6 certified teached with many years experience in CH and Orange) this school is by far the greatest learning environment she has seen is nearly 16 years in local schools. Anyway, I posted the link to the house and one of the mods removed it and did so for "soliciting"...which it wasn't. that's why the post now makes no sense. I was just making a point that unless you really know the area you just don't know what ya don't know! When we lived in Carrboro, it took me 35 minutes to get home with 13 traffic lights and all the traffic and when I did get home I had to lock my car and my home and hope for the best. I don't live that way here and my mortgage is equal to what two people at work with the "proper" Chapel Hill homes pay in taxes----for schools not as good as the one my son goes to in a far safer neigborhood.

P.S. It was also telling to see all the rude jerks post up immediately----when they also didn't know the whole story after my post. That trait is another thing we don't miss about living in Carrboro either---maybe even more so than the crime and expense.

Last edited by 2BZee2Pee; 04-29-2009 at 06:35 AM..

Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 AM

451 posts, read 1,653,406 times
^^^ Thanks for clearing that up. I was picking some lettuce last night for a salad and I saw a plane fly by overhead, maybe it was going to Denver, I like to snowboard, but I don't think I'd like the winters anymore. Anyways, my neighbors don't like snow but the lettuce was good. If people in Denver ate more salad maybe it wouldn't snow, and then my neighbors would go there. My homegrown lettuce is 1/100th the cost of store bought lettuce, so why wouldn't they grow their own? And I always find time to pee.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 AM

130 posts, read 390,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
^^^ Thanks for clearing that up. I was picking some lettuce last night for a salad and I saw a plane fly by overhead, maybe it was going to Denver, I like to snowboard, but I don't think I'd like the winters anymore. Anyways, my neighbors don't like snow but the lettuce was good. If people in Denver ate more salad maybe it wouldn't snow, and then my neighbors would go there. My homegrown lettuce is 1/100th the cost of store bought lettuce, so why wouldn't they grow their own? And I always find time to pee.

Living out here I enjoy the singular pleasure of being able to walk out on the back deck and take a wizz. Even the deer and hawks don't seem to mind. It's amazing what having a little space to breath and live does for the soul.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 AM

59 posts, read 184,846 times
Interesting post...it was only 6:00 too. Bit too early to be hammered, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary