Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM

129 posts, read 336,437 times

Advertisements

I checked out Chubby's thanks to this post. Went again two days later. Loved it! Great prices!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 06:13 AM

147 posts, read 427,447 times
I'm Chubby and I love Tacos, how can this be wrong?? Gonna check it out today!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 PM

335 posts, read 800,570 times
I live in Woodcroft and am looking forward to the opening of Chubby's Tacos. Tried Buford's and found it very lacking. Now if only Tippy's would open restaurants down here, I'd be very happy!

Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
anyone heard anything regarding an opening date yet? i pop through the shopping plaza once a week or so. nothing yet.

Mike

Old 01-21-2010, 05:04 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
anyone heard anything regarding an opening date yet? i pop through the shopping plaza once a week or so. nothing yet.

Mike
I ate there today. Very good! As I posted on another thread, it is not the best ever, but still very good, and worth going. A great way to introduce someone who is not ready for the truly "authentic" taqueria to good tacos.

I had three tacos: Carnitas, Barbacoa, Grilled Tuna. All very good. But these and a drink cost over $9. In fairness, they were huge, and three of these filled me up more than four from most other places. So it all evens out.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:23 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
yep, REALLY good! so far i've had the Carnitas burrito, Spicy Tinga burrito, a grilled chicken taco bowl, and a shrimp taco.

all was good (although the grilled chicken is kinda boring and is like any other chicken you get at local 'mexican' places), but the shrimp taco is UNREAL! it's about as close as i've found to Rubio's tacos (anyone?).

i took a buddy who is a die-hard Chipotle fan to try these guys. he's mad at me because now all he wants is Chubby's but he lives in Greensboro.

i LOVE having these guys right next door!

but, if you want a true taqueria (i'm talking a place that makes its own tortillas and where being a bit bilingual probably is not a bad idea), try Tres Hermanas next to Big Lots on the corner of 55/54. VERY good!

Mike

Old 01-22-2010, 04:16 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
but, if you want a true taqueria (i'm talking a place that makes its own tortillas and where being a bit bilingual probably is not a bad idea), try Tres Hermanas next to Big Lots on the corner of 55/54. VERY good!

Mike

Tres Hermanas ROCKS, and that is exactly the place that was in my mind. I would love to take co-workers there (and even mentioned it while at Chubby's), but I think some of them would be a little freaked out. I don't know why, but people are funny when things are "different" then they are used to. For me, if it taste good, and nobody gets hurt, I'm all over it.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:03 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,127,858 times
The "Chubby Taco's Coming Soon" sign is up at the future Falls River Shopping location off Durant Road location.

I for one am excited to see something other than another locally owned Italian/Pizza place open in the area.

Last edited by JJingle; 06-21-2010 at 05:16 AM..

Old 06-21-2010, 06:26 AM

222 posts, read 545,629 times
Maybe we got them on a bad day, but we got a bunch of stuff from the Woodcroft location while we had some friends from out-of-town visiting us based on all the recommendations. All four of us were disappointed with what we got. It just wasn't very good at all. I can't see going back. I'll have to try Tres Hermanas.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:50 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGator View Post
Maybe we got them on a bad day, but we got a bunch of stuff from the Woodcroft location while we had some friends from out-of-town visiting us based on all the recommendations. All four of us were disappointed with what we got. It just wasn't very good at all. I can't see going back.
Hmmm, so what wasn't good about it? Taste, texture, ingredients, etc?

I'm a huge fish taco fan and I really enjoy their fish tacos. I do wish they would put shredded cabbage on their fish tacos, but I just add lettuce. One time their black beans were a little salty for me, but it was one time thing.

The Woodcroft location is a bit of a whole in the wall, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying me some fish tacos. Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary