Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM

374 posts, read 1,598,130 times

Advertisements

We visited for the 2nd time over the weekend and loved the homes in the following neighborhoods:

Porto Fino
Heritage
Forrest Ridge

At Forrest Ridge I felt like we were up in the boonies, but in reality i doubt that it is really all that far. So when i got home i started looking at some of the neighborhoods in wake forest and love them too:

Devonshire
Sutherland
Twin Creeks

Are these neighborhoods as far away from shopping/retail/schools as they look on the map? I love that you get 1.5 to 2 acre wooded lots. My fear i guess is that we will be remote and have a hard time making friends being so far out.

thanks. we are coming for the final choosing trip next week!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 06:44 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfamilyof4 View Post
We visited for the 2nd time over the weekend and loved the homes in the following neighborhoods:

Porto Fino
Heritage
Forrest Ridge

At Forrest Ridge I felt like we were up in the boonies, but in reality i doubt that it is really all that far. So when i got home i started looking at some of the neighborhoods in wake forest and love them too:

Devonshire
Sutherland
Twin Creeks

Are these neighborhoods as far away from shopping/retail/schools as they look on the map? I love that you get 1.5 to 2 acre wooded lots. My fear i guess is that we will be remote and have a hard time making friends being so far out.

thanks. we are coming for the final choosing trip next week!!!!!!

LOL... no, they aren't IBL....but they aren't far out either.

Well...I guess it depends on your defination of 'far out' but they are within mintues of most things (stores, grocery, some resturants etc ) and less then 20 mintues or so to everything else.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
Default Devonshire, Sutherland etc

Ditto, it depends on what your meaning of far out is. 20 minutes is very accurate, as new light to ghoston to 50 to go straight into Raleigh. Purnell, 98 to go to Capital Blvd. down to Raleigh. 98 across to go into Durham. And Six Forks is right there to go into middle of Raleigh , well sort of.
Falls Lake, and Beaver Dam are right there, which is great recreation. And also the lakes may make it seem like it is far out because of winding your way around them. And if you get someone driving under the speed limit it may seem longer also.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:04 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Yeah, it's far out. Less noise, traffic, lots of crickets...
if that is your sort of thing it is great.
We just love it up here in WF.
If I was 22 again? Not so much!

Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM

374 posts, read 1,598,130 times
thanks everyone. we are torn right now b/w the southern part of wake forest and the northern part I guess. The good news is that its All Good. So either choice we make will be good for our family. Hope to have a decision made in a little over a week. YIPEEEEEEE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary