Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 AM

206 posts, read 746,894 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the area as soon as we sell our house. My husband will be working at Duke so we would like to find a pediatrician who has inpatient privileges at Duke. We would love any recommendations. We aren't sure yet what part of the triangle we are going to buy in. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 AM

635 posts, read 1,617,143 times
We have been happy with Duke Pediatrics (formally called Duke Children's Primary Care)- we go to the Pickett Road clinic which is the smallest of the 3 offices and feels nice and small. Only the Roxboro Office has Saturday hours, and we often end up at the Roxboro clinic for sick appts during the week when Pickett is full (or you could go to Southpoint), so that's something to keep in mind if that would pose a problem. May not be convenient to where ever you are living. I have experience with most of the Pickett Road docs and have been pleased with all of them.

Last edited by jill7930; 05-05-2009 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 PM

32 posts, read 118,988 times
I doubt many of the Durham pediatricians still round at Duke. They probably just let the hospitalists take care of them. Getting in and out of Duke is not easy and would eat up a lot of time they could be in clinic.

Pediatricians not part of the DUAP (Duke University Affiliated Physicians) would not even be able to have priveliges to admit someone to Duke.

If you want someone to round on your kid in the hospital and see them in clinic you would be better off with a practice in Raleigh or Cary that admits to wake med or rex.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:30 AM

635 posts, read 1,617,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashwolfpacker View Post
I doubt many of the Durham pediatricians still round at Duke. They probably just let the hospitalists take care of them. Getting in and out of Duke is not easy and would eat up a lot of time they could be in clinic.
I don't think this is true. Both my kids were born at Duke and the peds docs (attending) who came to see them during our stay were from Duke Children's Primary Care. Our regular pediatrician examined my child on her 2nd day of life while we were still in the hospital, as she was on service that day...

Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 AM

321 posts, read 1,577,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jill7930 View Post
I don't think this is true. Both my kids were born at Duke and the peds docs (attending) who came to see them during our stay were from Duke Children's Primary Care. Our regular pediatrician examined my child on her 2nd day of life while we were still in the hospital, as she was on service that day...
Jill, you are right. Many of the docs do have hospital rights at Duke and see patients both in the hospital and outside. While parking at Duke is an issue, there are provisions made for these doctors. I am in another department at Duke and our MDs see patients at the clinic in N Durham and in the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary