Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,736 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what everyone has been thinking about the growth Clayton? The good bad and the ugly! Come on and give it to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Tell us what's new in the past year?

Old 05-04-2009, 06:40 AM

183 posts, read 671,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Tell us what's new in the past year?
I was sort of thinking the same thing myself...not a whole of new things actually IN Clayton at the moment. There's some new things going up around 40/42, and then there's the bypass around Clayton, but that's about it that I can think of.

As far as the population goes, so far it's been no problem! The bypass has eliminated some of the morning/evening traffic. I've lived in Clayton now for about 5 years, and most of my neighbors are all from different locations...one from up north, one from further south in NC, one from the midwest, etc...and we all get along great. We're always outside in our yards talking and letting our kids play.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're looking for opinions on living in Clayton, I think alot of us that regularly post will tell you that we really enjoy it

Old 05-04-2009, 07:36 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Clayton, today, is very different from the Clayton of 8 years ago!

Eight years ago, Clayton was a VERY SMALL bedroom community to Raleigh. The Johnston county schools were just small town schools.

About 4 years ago, Clayton really started to grow. There were a few years that Johnston County exploded by 400%!

Clayton, today, is very different. There are more communities where you get more house and more land than in Raleigh and the school system has really gown and gotten better, with the growth.

The only negative is the distance from RTP (if you work there) and the slower pace and lack of a mall! Smithfield Outlets aren't too far away but some of us need a mall within 5 minutes of our home!!!

Vicki

Old 05-04-2009, 03:00 PM

69 posts, read 208,395 times
Thanks for the comments! I was under the impression from someone that the area was getting very congested. WHEW! I'm glad to hear the good news! We will be moving from MI to the area in a couple of months and, tho we've NEVER been in the downtown area, we just had a "feeling" about Clayton, and I had heard SOOOOO much about Clayton that I was REALLY looking forward to looking for a home there! Yea! THANKS!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:27 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebrunn View Post
Thanks for the comments! I was under the impression from someone that the area was getting very congested. WHEW! I'm glad to hear the good news! We will be moving from MI to the area in a couple of months and, tho we've NEVER been in the downtown area, we just had a "feeling" about Clayton, and I had heard SOOOOO much about Clayton that I was REALLY looking forward to looking for a home there! Yea! THANKS!
I think it is awesome. Remember there is the town of Clayton and the mailing address of Clayton. Part of the 40/42 area has a Clayton address and part has a Garner address.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Wow! I just did some investigating into the U.S. Census Bureau statistics.

Clayton, NC
1990: Pop. 4,756
2000: Pop. 6,973
2007: Pop. 14,948
2009: I'm guessing probably around 17,000?

That's some very rapid growth!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,832,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebrunn View Post
Thanks for the comments! I was under the impression from someone that the area was getting very congested.
Well, of course, every new one of you who moves there is adding to that congestion...

Old 05-04-2009, 08:05 PM

69 posts, read 208,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Well, of course, every new one of you who moves there is adding to that congestion...
I'll assume that was supposed to be a joke, albeit a bad one.
Thanks to any and ALL who have responded to my original question!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 PM

431 posts, read 1,338,491 times
We just moved here in January........and we absolutely love it.....I don't think there's congestion as in traffic......

I obviously can't respond in how Clayton used to be, but will say that with all the growing that obviously has taken place over the past 20 years or so they seem to have a decent handle on it....

We are extremely happy with the school systems and the town itself.....shopping is a few minutes further than what we were used to, but the drive thru the back roads and beautiful scenery outweighs the few minutes further for us.....

Its a great town with lots of great people.....those who have been raised and born here and those who have chose to make it their home as we have.......

Suzanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary