Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM

130 posts, read 390,131 times

Advertisements

I feel so much safer knowing it's just 60,000 crimes were committed by a couple of bad apples.

Last edited by 2BZee2Pee; 05-13-2009 at 04:00 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 16 days ago)

43,161 posts, read 76,761,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyouth View Post
No, we don't know that at all.
Good all around here.

I know they are two separate entities.

I also agree that mis-identification does NOT change misrepresentation of fact.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:58 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,556,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BZee2Pee View Post
I find it strange no one is concerned that there are 60,000 wanted persons in Durham....or is this just old news to Durham residents? Maybe most were pleasantly surprised and find the number lower than they would have expected.

As a NC resident that has to negotiate Durham on a weekly basis, I'm disgusted.

Even more bizarre is the attention and resources spent on a bunch of innocent kids at Duke with this kind of problem already long present.

Ok I'm curious...just exactly how do you "negotiate Durham on a weekly basis"? What does that even mean? Do you mean to say NAVIGATE? When attempting to use "big words" you may want to make sure they are the right ones being used in the correct manner.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:09 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,387,884 times
Quote:
You all know perfectly well I'm not "charleton"---
I can guarantee you are not me. I am so glad it was finally said, not that I have any issue whatsoever with your right to post your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Good all around here.

I know they are two separate entities.

I also agree that mis-identification does NOT change misrepresentation of fact.
Mike, thank you for backing up the answer to the identity mystery. Now hopefully people can deal with the original post in this and other threads, rather than diverting energy that could be better served addressing the actual information posted.

Now regarding the original post. I am lost and confused. What is the point?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 PM

190 posts, read 1,074,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Now regarding the original post. I am lost and confused. What is the point?
We actually agree on something! Wow!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 PM

519 posts, read 980,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraumanurseNC View Post
Hey, you stole my line.

I have read the article quite a few times and I still confused on the OP's concerns, especially since he believes 60,000 warrants equals 60,000 people.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraumanurseNC View Post

LOL! Miracles do happen.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:22 PM

190 posts, read 1,074,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
LOL! Miracles do happen.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Perhaps....

Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 PM

130 posts, read 390,131 times
The point is that an earlier thread mentioned the incompetance of Durham govt. employees and now we all have something more serious to consider...the inability (for whatever reason) of Durham PD to do it's job. I travel through Durham Co. or Durham city at least 4-5 times per week and it gives one something to consider knowing just how bad the crime is in the area and how unlikely it is for a criminal to go unpunished. If you don't live in or travel through Durham often, don't worry about it.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
The point is that an earlier thread mentioned the incompetance of Durham govt. employees and now we all have something more serious to consider...the inability (for whatever reason) of Durham PD to do it's job. I travel through Durham Co. or Durham city at least 4-5 times per week and it gives one something to consider knowing just how bad the crime is in the area and how unlikely it is for a criminal to go unpunished. If you don't live in or travel through Durham often, don't worry about it.
Gotcha. I Travel through Durham everyday and I do have concerns about the crime. I am uncomfortable at times, especially given the recent crimes close to where I work. I am always glad to be heading back to the country when I leave work. I know the area that I frequent in Durham is not all that bad when compared to other areas, but I just don't feel comfortable with how things are. Others have no issue with it or can dismiss it with one excuse or another. The one issue that I had with living in Cary was that it was to close to the cities, which oddly enough is also one of its pluses. Kind of a catch 22.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary