Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,118 times

Advertisements

Very interesting. I wonder how long it will be before there are no more unincorporated areas here. This was such a foreign concept to us where we moved here. It creates some strange addresses with the postal service.

Rougemont eyes incorporating as town :: WRAL.com

Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,934,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Very interesting.
No it's not.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
No it's not.

Must you?

I do find it interesting how there are so many unincorporated areas and the issues caused by that. I remember getting directions from someone when we first moved here. She lived in Durham, but it wasn't Durham, but she said for the sake of knowing where she is, it's Durham. I had never heard of such a thing. Then there are all the donut holes in Cary, like the trailer park that's in Cary, but really isn't.....so I am told. To me, this is very interesting. I would think if someone else does not find it interesting, they would just move on....wouldn't you think the same thing?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 PM

130 posts, read 390,737 times
Rougemont and Bahama are nice places to live....and be alive. The part that sucks is driving down 15-501 to get any place. I'd consider living up there if I had grown kids....or wanted to start a ghost town zombie golfer theme park in Treyburn.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:15 PM

I think there is some beautiful country up that way.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
Quote:
I think there is some beautiful country up that way.
Which will soon be turned into another generic suburb (which you call "Heaven on Earth", right?) just like every other "beautiful country town" around here has seen happen in the past 10-15 years with all the growth--which you are always championing as "progress", since you have such disdain for anything that isn't brand-spanking-new, right? I'd imagine you'd be tapping your foot waiting for the bulldozers to hurry up and start slapping up those subdivisions to make it look just like Cary?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:48 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,934,977 times
Quote:
I remember getting directions from someone when we first moved here. She lived in Durham, but it wasn't Durham, but she said for the sake of knowing where she is, it's Durham. I had never heard of such a thing.
You've never heard of a county that isn't consumed entirely by one city? Frankly, I've never heard of one around here that is. Or is it just the fact that the City of Durham and the County of Durham share a common name that confuses you? I hope you never have to travel to New York, New York.

Many areas within NC are unincorporated - not just in Durham County. That's why, for example, there are county sherriffs. Their primary responsibility is for the unincorporated areas within a county.

Look at Wake County as an example - the areas in orange are unincorporated:

Rougemont eyes incorporating as town in Durham County!-wake-county.jpg

Last edited by CHTransplant; 05-14-2009 at 07:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary