Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 PM

709 posts, read 935,116 times

Advertisements

Seriously if you are relocating here to the triangle you would not be sorry.

Some real nice neighborhoods. Good shopping, Cary is 10 mins away raleigh 20 mins. RTP 30 mins.

No water issues like cary during the summer.

Still rural, Price points are 20% lower than Cary and Apex.

I am impressed with the town.

We are in Lakestone Village. off of 401 new custom home development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Seriously if you are relocating here to the triangle you would not be sorry.

Some real nice neighborhoods. Good shopping, Cary is 10 mins away raleigh 20 mins. RTP 30 mins.

No water issues like cary during the summer.

Still rural, Price points are 20% lower than Cary and Apex.

I am impressed with the town.

We are in Lakestone Village. off of 401 new custom home development.
No water issues now....the entire area is going to continue to have more and more of them as thing continue to grow....F-V as well.

The prices for homes are good though.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
No water issues now....the entire area is going to continue to have more and more of them as thing continue to grow....F-V as well.

The prices for homes are good though.

They are on a completly different system than other parts of southern wake county. They buy large water amounts from harnett County. It looks good for quite some time.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
They are on a completly different system than other parts of southern wake county. They buy large water amounts from harnett County. It looks good for quite some time.
Harnett County is also growing....there is no free water. As I said, it's not a problem now...but water in the entire Piedmont is going to be an issue for the coming decades. You can't ignore that.....unless you are sort term real estate speculator.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Harnett County is also growing....there is no free water. As I said, it's not a problem now...but water in the entire Piedmont is going to be an issue for the coming decades. You can't ignore that.....unless you are sort term real estate speculator.

I am impressed with the town though. The wife is from raleigh way back. Me NYC guy and have been here now 3 months. I will always be a New Yorker however I am fitting in down here real good. I sub teach all around the southern part of the county. taught in NJ for 30 years.

Water, an issue all over!

by the way what is up with people and drive up fast food places down here? I mean the bojangles had 17 cars in the driveup window line this morning and gasoline is pushing 3 dollars a gallon??

Old 04-06-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I am impressed with the town though. The wife is from raleigh way back. Me NYC guy and have been here now 3 months. I will always be a New Yorker however I am fitting in down here real good. I sub teach all around the southern part of the county. taught in NJ for 30 years.

Water, an issue all over!

by the way what is up with people and drive up fast food places down here? I mean the bojangles had 17 cars in the driveup window line this morning and gasoline is pushing 3 dollars a gallon??
People stop for breakfast on their way to work....no matter the price of gas folks are going to have to drive to work. Heck, we had chicken biscuits for breakfast at least once a week at my old job.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 PM

59 posts, read 268,798 times
For those of us not there yet, what are the water issues?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are We There Yet? View Post
For those of us not there yet, what are the water issues?
Just that it's a natural resource of finite quantity and prone to issues of mother nature.

Currently the issues are minimal unless there is a drought (and even then they haven't been extreme - voluntary conservation and watering lawns only on certain days)....but it's just another growth issue that has to be looked at.

It's not the full picture to say that someplace doesn't have 'water issues' when it's in the same geographic area as municipalities that have felt the need to issues water conservation notices.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:15 AM

578 posts, read 3,081,451 times
The only thing on paper that I've seen to dissuade me from Faquay Varina is the schools. They are scored in the "progress" category across the board from what I've seen.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
The only thing on paper that I've seen to dissuade me from Faquay Varina is the schools. They are scored in the "progress" category across the board from what I've seen.
Do not be fooled all the schools in wake county are about the same. the high school is on par with others in the county. The MS is just like Holly Ridge or West Lake, the elementary is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary