Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 04:57 PM

16 posts, read 55,282 times

Advertisements

We are actually moving to the Raleigh/Durham area, and we have been looking for a townhome. We looked at townhomes in the SW Durham area and in Brier Creek Country Club. We really liked the townhomes in Brier Creek Country Club, but we noticed there are quite a few on the market right now, and we are wondering if there is a reason. Additionally, we may only be in the area for a few years and we were wondering if there is a rental market for these homes.

We are sure that the homes we looked at in SW Durham, in Hope Valley Farms, have an active rental market. However, they weren't as nice (in our opinion) as the homes in Brier Creek Country Club. Does anyone have any thoughts also on the homes in Elm Grove in Hope Valley Farms. We looked at a few 3 BR places there. We are aware that it isn't in a very good school district, but we don't have any school age children (just a baby).

We are also interested in hearing if there are any other areas we should be looking in. We looked in the Auburn community, but this wasn't interesting to us. Woodlake and Woodcroft had only 2 BR units available on the market. Wyndcross was interesting to us as well, and we are waiting to see what else comes on the market in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 05:08 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,327,399 times
I pet sit for a client who rents a townhouse in Brier Creek. They are nice townhomes, but parking can be a pain if you have guest over. There have been times people will park at the end of a dead end and I had to inch my way out of her driveway. I'm always over there in the middle of the day so I imagine it is worse in the evenings. There are also a lot of rentals in the community too. I imagine there are a few on the market b/c people have lived there for a while and are ready to purchase a larger home. I also had a client in Audubon and didn't care for those either. I have clients in Woodcroft and love the neighborhood b/c of all the trees and paths. It's also much more private than the other two. I am not familiar with the Hope Valley ones, but from what I have seen they seem like a cross between the others (newer than Woodcroft and a little more private than Brier
Creek and Audubon).

Anyways, that's just my experience as a pet sitter. So hopefully I helped with any parking/walking the neighborhood questions!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 PM

16 posts, read 55,282 times
Do you know anything about the townhomes in the country club? They have private driveways and garages. I am glad to know that there is a good rental market. Your information is very helpful!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:37 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,327,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikadml318 View Post
Do you know anything about the townhomes in the country club? They have private driveways and garages. I am glad to know that there is a good rental market. Your information is very helpful!
Sorry I am not just getting back to you! The townhomes I am talking about are the "Townhomes of Brier Creek" with the one car garages next to the 55+ apartments (or condos, can't remember which). I completely forgot about the townhomes throughout Brier Creek with the two car garages These are bigger and nicer, and I'm sure quite a bit pricier. The also seem quieter with more privacy. Some back up to woods, others the golf course, and a few to the pond at the condos across from Chick-fil-A.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:12 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,485,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
I pet sit for a client who rents a townhouse in Brier Creek. They are nice townhomes, but parking can be a pain if you have guest over. There have been times people will park at the end of a dead end and I had to inch my way out of her driveway. I'm always over there in the middle of the day so I imagine it is worse in the evenings. There are also a lot of rentals in the community too. I imagine there are a few on the market b/c people have lived there for a while and are ready to purchase a larger home. I also had a client in Audubon and didn't care for those either. I have clients in Woodcroft and love the neighborhood b/c of all the trees and paths. It's also much more private than the other two. I am not familiar with the Hope Valley ones, but from what I have seen they seem like a cross between the others (newer than Woodcroft and a little more private than Brier
Creek and Audubon).

Anyways, that's just my experience as a pet sitter. So hopefully I helped with any parking/walking the neighborhood questions!
We just sold ours in there. A lot are on the market because people bought them really cheap and are going to make 40k. We bought a bit later and made only half of that. Location is everything with that place as the construction is not very good at all and the design of the subdivision is poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary