Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:26 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,927,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb34 View Post
McAllister's Deli always had really good sweet tea and they give you a HUGE cup..I agree with the person who said Smithfield's because of the ice...Those little Ice pellets you get at bbq places makes the tea that much better!
I forgot about McAlister's. They actually do have great tea. They even claim it be "Famous Sweet Tea"

I brew one quart at a time at home since nobody drinks it but me. Here's a simple method that turns out a fair batch every time

1. Bring two cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan
2. Pour it into a small pitcher(glass or stainless steel)
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar(I like mine sweet but one can add another tablespoon or so for the really sweet stuff)
4. Drop in 2 family size bags of Luzianne Tea
5. Seep for 10 to 15 minutes
6. Remove bags...no squeezing
6. Slowly pour in 2 cups of cold water while stirring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:14 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I forgot about McAlister's. They actually do have great tea. They even claim it be "Famous Sweet Tea"

I brew one quart at a time at home since nobody drinks it but me. Here's a simple method that turns out a fair batch every time

1. Bring two cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan
2. Pour it into a small pitcher(glass or stainless steel)
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar(I like mine sweet but one can add another tablespoon or so for the really sweet stuff)
4. Drop in 2 family size bags of Luzianne Tea
5. Seep for 10 to 15 minutes
6. Remove bags...no squeezing
6. Slowly pour in 2 cups of cold water while stirring
Thx for the recipe! And with regard to the last couple of recommendations for Luzianne Tea, I also thought the commercials I watched last year quite endearing. Though I never went out and bought some. Looks like I will cuz I'm gonna make my first batch of sweet tea here in the south.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,897,872 times
Lately my night cap has been some good old homemade sweet tea.......sweetened with Wild Turkey American Honey vice sugar :-P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary