Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:12 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times

Advertisements

We've lived in Drucker & Falk managed communities since 1989.

First thing you need to know is that D&F doesn't own the apts. They manage them and the apts have different owners. Some owners want to do as little as possible. Others keep their properties first rate.

The D&F complex we're in now, Northridge Crossings, has astoundingly great maintenance. Community rules are enforced. Now, after hours it might be best to call the police for trespassers at the pool. If a resident is involved, it will be addressed.

So, with D&F apts, check out the particular community on apartmentratings.com. Visit when the office is closed to evaluate behavior. Ask residents at the pool or on the sidewalks what they think of the place.

Don't just pass D&F over. The quality and clientele can run from top notch to total losers. Seek and ye shall find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 12:23 PM

136 posts, read 589,893 times
[quote=saturnfan]
So, with D&F apts, check out the particular community on apartmentratings.com. Visit when the office is closed to evaluate behavior. Ask residents at the pool or on the sidewalks what they think of the place.

I agree with saturnfan 100%. I have always heard complaints about Drucker & Faulk apartment communities. I moved into one about 2 years ago. It was horrible to say the least and terribly managed. It was infested with roaches and the walls were extremely thing amongst other problems.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 PM

There are some bad ones.

If I were in power at D&F, I wouldn't represent these owners since their bad communities negatively affect the D&F brand name.

A few real losers in the D&F portfolio are:

Brentwood East
Brentwood West
Fairway
Hunting Ridge

D&F is going in with Kane Realty on a big new community in North Hills. With this, D&F will run the gamut between top notch properties and those fit for occupancy only by total losers.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:41 AM

136 posts, read 589,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
There are some bad ones.

If I were in power at D&F, I wouldn't represent these owners since their bad communities negatively affect the D&F brand name.

A few real losers in the D&F portfolio are:

Brentwood East
Brentwood West
Fairway
Hunting Ridge

D&F is going in with Kane Realty on a big new community in North Hills. With this, D&F will run the gamut between top notch properties and those fit for occupancy only by total losers.
I could not agree with you more! I hope everyone takes note of these D&F communities that you listed they are terrible. The Brentwood's are an eye sore, Hunting Ridge is a very small community and halfway ran down, Fairway has terrible reviews. That is so true your name will make you or break you. Once your name is mud your business will slowly recline. I did not know about D&F going in with Kane Realty on the North Hills project.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 PM

I lived in Fairway and Hunting Ridge as they took a sharp decline into awful.

It's really a shame D&F doesn't end their relationship with owners who choose to neglect their properties and/or ignore good tenant selection practices.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:00 PM

13 posts, read 40,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_info View Post
I could not agree with you more! I hope everyone takes note of these D&F communities that you listed they are terrible. The Brentwood's are an eye sore, Hunting Ridge is a very small community and halfway ran down, Fairway has terrible reviews. That is so true your name will make you or break you. Once your name is mud your business will slowly recline. I did not know about D&F going in with Kane Realty on the North Hills project.
Hunting Ridge is deceptive. It looks great on the outside, but the units have problems with anything from insects to electrical issues.

If you wanna talk about horrid, try Lantern Square, another D&F community. They should just knock that down and salt the earth it sits on.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:21 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justelise View Post
Hunting Ridge is deceptive. It looks great on the outside, but the units have problems with anything from insects to electrical issues.

If you wanna talk about horrid, try Lantern Square, another D&F community. They should just knock that down and salt the earth it sits on.
I think Lantern Square is actually slated for demo in the coming years. Lantern Square is part of Raleigh's rapidly diminishing stock of affordable market rate housing. I would not be surprised if it is replaced with something that the current residents will not be able to afford. Too bad the management company couldn't just keep up with their property to begin with. I guess we all can dream, right?

Old 08-21-2008, 06:32 AM

44 posts, read 125,292 times
Are "Fairway" and "Fairgate" one in the same? I can't find "Fairway" in any of the listings, but "FairGATE" actually looks really nice. Has anyone lived there?

Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 AM

286 posts, read 994,426 times
I looked at a drucker and falk property and it was the most disgusting apartment i'd ever seen. It was in a nice enough area too, right over by walnut street in cary. Camden properties are really nice

Last edited by Nickc121; 08-21-2008 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM

Fairway has been bought by a new owner and renamed "Lexington on The Green". Several awful properties have recently be renamed to disguise the actual property.

It is awful as is the other renamed "Remington on The Green" - previously Dominion Park Green and site of drug dealing and a drug related murder of a young girl in a business dispute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary