Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM

23 posts, read 41,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Yeah I moved into a development where I am the only person that doesn't have 2.3 kids, it's kinda hilarious.

Neighbors come up say hi, wanna know if I have kids, I don't , never see em again

haha so a lot of people in their 30's? What area are you in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM

121 posts, read 381,805 times
Both downtown Raleigh and Chapel Hill have things going on that might appeal to you (not sure what social scene you are looking for). The problem is that both areas are terribly expensive. The areas near downtown Durham are a much better value and the restaurants/clubs are generally less expensive than their counterparts in Raleigh and CH (at least in my experience).

Old 06-01-2009, 05:30 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,186,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by layyze View Post
Both downtown Raleigh and Chapel Hill have things going on that might appeal to you (not sure what social scene you are looking for). The problem is that both areas are terribly expensive. The areas near downtown Durham are a much better value and the restaurants/clubs are generally less expensive than their counterparts in Raleigh and CH (at least in my experience).
Chapel Hill and Downtown(ish) ITB Raleigh are definitely more expensive than many other areas of the Triangle. While I can't speak for Chapel Hill, I can tell you that living close-in in Raleigh can be affordable. One just has to make choices about what's important to them. If you want that location in Raleigh on a budget, you have to give up luxury and amenities. When I was in my 20's, I gave up a lot to live close-in.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 PM

132 posts, read 430,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Yeah I moved into a development where I am the only person that doesn't have 2.3 kids, it's kinda hilarious.

Neighbors come up say hi, wanna know if I have kids, I don't , never see em again
Same here! Lame...

OP - Looking for a social scene, DO NOT move to Cary, seriously. The night life is okay in Raleigh, certainly not DC, NYC, Pittsburgh, Philly even Boston but it's cool for the first couple weeks. Go to Glennwood South and Fayetteville Street.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:04 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,186,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBGirl View Post
Same here! Lame...

OP - Looking for a social scene, DO NOT move to Cary, seriously. The night life is okay in Raleigh, certainly not DC, NYC, Pittsburgh, Philly even Boston but it's cool for the first couple weeks. Go to Glennwood South and Fayetteville Street.
We all need to realize that the social scene isn't something we go to but rather something that we create. If one doesn't participate, then I don't think that one should complain about it not being like....(fill in the blank city). For the most part, I think that people in Raleigh are starting to understand that fact. In the last 10 years, the nightlife options and activity has increased by leaps and bounds. As more people move into the urban areas, new daily living patterns are emerging. More foot traffic daily means more seats in restaurants filled on historically slow nights of Mon-Wed. So, go out and participate. Meet new people. Create the demand for more options and they will surely be provided.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 AM

91 posts, read 308,657 times
I've always been the wierd, creepy, single guy who lives by himself in surburbia. Main reasons I do it is because I always like to make an investment in a house (that in the past would always increase in value) and I need the space for cars and bikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary