Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
1,693 posts, read 625,347 times
How far out does one have to go to live there?

Just wondering how I would know it when I get there??

I really LOVED the weekend...cut the front forty acres (ok, it is just 1 1/2 acres), filled in the raised bed flower garden (get those IRISES, CANNAS, and LILLIES ready).

The ultimate BBQ is being able to kick back with neighbors (whom we just met) and grill some fresh beef and enjoy a few cold refreshments with new friends in the country!!

If all goes well and my new neighbors are up to it, we are going to work the back 2 acres next weekend!!

The neighbors' kids are in the back acres chopping some overgrowth and ready to jump into the pool!!

How is it ever better than this?

Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore!!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,559,751 times
For the record I am very Pro-Life and I do enjoy living in this area (why would I not??). However, I would never think killing someone who you disagree with is the answer to anything. Killing anyone is WRONG period.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
Attacking this guy in the forums is like pouring gasoline on a fire - it just feeds him. In any event it seems to me that the moderators are likely to shut this thread down. I suggest any who are offended by the celebratory statement regarding a murder simply report it to the moderators and let them deal with it. You can use the little red triangle/exclamation point symbol in the upper right corner of each posting.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 AM

158 posts, read 472,812 times
Quote:
What a spectacular weekend in the Triangle. Talk about picture perfect weather. My new raised bed garden has really responded. All the kiddies in my neighborhood finally relocated from near my house to go play in the pool. We had a great walk through Yates Mill Park yesterday and a nice bike ride to see the horses today. This is the way life should be.
The weekend was nice indeed! I was able to enjoy the weather and stay productive.

Quote:
And the afternoon ended in such a fitting way.

Karma finally came around in Wichita May 31, 2009
Intolerance, hate and murder definitely wear many masks.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:41 AM

225 posts, read 574,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
For the record I am very Pro-Life and I do enjoy living in this area (why would I not??). However, I would never think killing someone who you disagree with is the answer to anything. Killing anyone is WRONG period.
Right - we have many people who are against abortion, but I wouldn't think this is a typical setting for an extremist who advocates killing of abortion doctors.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,559,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livesintriangle View Post
Right - we have many people who are against abortion, but I wouldn't think this is a typical setting for an extremist who advocates killing of abortion doctors.
True, but I don't know if there is any typical setting for an extremist of any kind in our society. Unless you mean out in the middle of the woods somewhere living in a shack...a la Ted kaczynski. Of course then people that live out in the woods could be offended by that comment.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM

225 posts, read 574,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
True, but I don't know if there is any typical setting for an extremist of any kind in our society. Unless you mean out in the middle of the woods somewhere living in a shack...a la Ted kaczynski. Of course then people that live out in the woods could be offended by that comment.
I'll take it. I think our area is a little more evolved. Then again, living out in the woods seems lovely to me as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM

365 posts, read 1,208,419 times
Wingnuts live everywhere.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 AM

69 posts, read 156,670 times
Default This is not the politcal forum

What is with the crazy responses in this thread? The original post is about the weather and everyone immediately starts yaking about political stuff. Take it to the political forum if you want to talk about that crap.

To the OP, I think it was a fine weekend weatherwise. Enjoy it while you can. Summer is just around the corner.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 AM

50 posts, read 132,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.7mOTB View Post
What is with the crazy responses in this thread? The original post is about the weather and everyone immediately starts yaking about political stuff. Take it to the political forum if you want to talk about that crap.

To the OP, I think it was a fine weekend weatherwise. Enjoy it while you can. Summer is just around the corner.
The comments can be attributed to the OP's header, which at the time of his post stated: "Karma finally came around in Wichita May 31, 2009"

The header is shown between the user name and the status. Of course we're all aware of the abortion doctor who was gunned down inside his church in Wichita yesterday.

No matter how one feels about the issue of abortion, I have to say that I found the OP's header to be callous and despicable. Goodness, the man had a family and was gunned down in a house of worship. As someone who is contemplating a move to Cary, it's nice to know that that "dude" has left the town, if only briefly. I hear the property values in Cary have recently been on the rise. I'm sure the timing is purely coincidental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary