Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 01:37 PM

850 posts, read 4,740,207 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to add I've been to WakeMed Raleigh and Cary and as someone else said, they're like night and day. Raleigh does have a great Children's ER though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 02:39 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,165,051 times
Default Where to Deliver Baby?

I would think you would deliver it wherever the address label said to.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:41 PM

80 posts, read 270,610 times
I'm a childbirth educator/doula and would recommend Triangle OB as well. You should ask to deliver with their midwives! UNC midwives & UNC family practice are great as well. If you want to venture out of the hospital, the Womens Birth and Wellness Center in Chapel Hill is a free standing birth center which is awesome, you can even have a water birth!
Good luck--have a great Birth-day!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:41 PM

280 posts, read 741,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Another recommendation for Triangle OB/GYN and Wakemed Cary - and a thumbs down for REX based on my personal experience.
Same here - loved the mid wives and the doctor (Dr Grana) were excellent. Great bedside manners and very nice.
I had my first baby at Rex and was disappointed with the service provided. Wakemed Cary was so much better. Good luck to you !

Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,280 times
My sister gave birth to my twin neices at Wakemed Cary in April 2009 and the nurses and OB staff couldn't have been nicer. My older neice was born there, too (pre-mature), and placed in ICU for 2 weeks. The dedication and professionalism of the staff helped our entire family during that difficult time; thankfully, my 3 neices are all happy and healthy little girls, now 2 and 4 years old, respectively.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkal View Post
Highly recommend Triangle Ob/Gyn in Cary. Doctors and midwives are wonderful and they deliver at WakeMed Cary. I had a baby 10 weeks ago..was a high risk pregnancy and i was hospitalized for 17 days. Nurses at the hospital were wonderful too.
i would not have a baby with any other practice or at any other hospital!

Such a world of difference (my first was wake med raleigh, my second wake med cary with triangle ob/gyn)! Great facilities, staff, and saved mine and my babys life!!! (most important!)

Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK in NC View Post
We had a very bad (week long) experience at WakeMed (in Raleigh), so I didn't even consider the Cary location when I had my daughter. I had a great experience at Rex though. Very, very nice. My sister-in-law recently had a baby at WakeMed (also in Raleigh) and she wasn't very pleased with that place either.
My kids are doing well now, but we have had experiences at most of the area hospitals (WakeMed, Duke Health Raleigh Hospital, Rex, UNC Chapel Hill, and the main campus Duke). The only one I do not recommend is WakeMed.

wake med raleigh and cary are like night and day!

i was apprehensive about cary but had no choice (i used triangle ob/gyn) - I LOVED the place .!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:40 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,814,733 times
+1 on both WakeMed Cary and Triangle OB/GYN.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:59 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,146,728 times
I don't know what brought this thread back to life, but I'm quite sure the OP already had her baby.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:29 PM

51 posts, read 121,274 times
Yes, I had the baby at WakeMed Cary... It was a wonderful experience--loved the place! I have nothing bad to say about it at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary