Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:08 AM

9 posts, read 36,068 times

Advertisements

We had planned to deliver our baby at Rex, but my OBGYN recently decided to stop delivering babies. We now have to choose a different doctor, and my choices are more limited due to the fact we're already in the 3rd trimester and practices are "full". One of the doctors I am considering delivers at WakeMed Cary, which I don't know much about. We live about an equal distance from both hospitals. Any feedback would be appreciated. I was with a single doctor practice, and it seems like the options left for Rex involve much larger practices. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,656,189 times
I recommend UNC family practice or the UNC midwives. I thought it was worth the drive from Cary.

Triangle Birth Network :: Childbirth Choices (http://www.trianglebirthnetwork.com/childbirthchoices.html - broken link)

Old 06-08-2009, 08:46 AM

355 posts, read 1,502,831 times
Highly recommend Triangle Ob/Gyn in Cary. Doctors and midwives are wonderful and they deliver at WakeMed Cary. I had a baby 10 weeks ago..was a high risk pregnancy and i was hospitalized for 17 days. Nurses at the hospital were wonderful too.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:56 AM

183 posts, read 671,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkal View Post
Highly recommend Triangle Ob/Gyn in Cary. Doctors and midwives are wonderful and they deliver at WakeMed Cary. I had a baby 10 weeks ago..was a high risk pregnancy and i was hospitalized for 17 days. Nurses at the hospital were wonderful too.
To echo mkal, my wife and I just had our second baby about 6 weeks ago at WakeMed Cary. The day we went in they were incredibly busy, but you would never know it from the treatment we got. Every nurse, doctor, technician, etc, could NOT have been nicer. We wrote in a letter to them complimenting them on how wonderful they were. I'd highly recommend them.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:48 AM

133 posts, read 452,319 times
We had a very bad (week long) experience at WakeMed (in Raleigh), so I didn't even consider the Cary location when I had my daughter. I had a great experience at Rex though. Very, very nice. My sister-in-law recently had a baby at WakeMed (also in Raleigh) and she wasn't very pleased with that place either.
My kids are doing well now, but we have had experiences at most of the area hospitals (WakeMed, Duke Health Raleigh Hospital, Rex, UNC Chapel Hill, and the main campus Duke). The only one I do not recommend is WakeMed.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:48 AM

850 posts, read 4,740,666 times
I had a fantastic experience at WakeMed Cary also. Much better than my experience with my first son at UNC, although he did need the NICU and they were wonderful.

I'll definitely deliver there again, although I'll choose a different doctor this time. I used Physicians for Women and did not have a great experience. I keep hearing good things about Triangle Ob as well, so that's likely who I'll try.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:13 AM

65 posts, read 266,897 times
Default WakeMed Cary is as good as it gets!

We had our second child at WakeMed Cary 6 weeks back and we were very happy. Everything happens for a reason and I am sure that you will be happy with whichever choice you make.

We also used Triangle and they were very good. They have a good team, on the big day you will receive the care you deserve.

Good luck to you!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:39 AM

183 posts, read 671,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK in NC View Post
We had a very bad (week long) experience at WakeMed (in Raleigh), so I didn't even consider the Cary location when I had my daughter. I had a great experience at Rex though. Very, very nice. My sister-in-law recently had a baby at WakeMed (also in Raleigh) and she wasn't very pleased with that place either.
My kids are doing well now, but we have had experiences at most of the area hospitals (WakeMed, Duke Health Raleigh Hospital, Rex, UNC Chapel Hill, and the main campus Duke). The only one I do not recommend is WakeMed.
I agree with you about WakeMed in Raleigh. My wife and I had to go their for some testing once and it was just terrible. Honestly, it's night and day between those two facilities in my opinion. WakeMed Raleigh, not a fan...WakeMed Cary, LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Oh, and to all those considering Triangle OB/GYN, that's where my wife goes, and she's been very happy. I don't think Dr. Mulvaney is doing deliveries anymore unless he's delivered one for you in the past, but if you can get him, he's awesome

Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 PM

300 posts, read 973,097 times
+1 for Wakemed Cary. Our son was born there in December. Simply a great place. Every single person we encountered there was amazing.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,385 times
Another recommendation for Triangle OB/GYN and Wakemed Cary - and a thumbs down for REX based on my personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary