Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 AM

260 posts, read 635,711 times

Advertisements

Air Secure Inc Raleigh Heating Contractor | Cary Heat and Air Conditioning Repair | Durham HVAC Services | Chapel Hill Gas and Electric Heating Company - are the closest AC service company to my house. Anybody have used them before ? Any info will help.

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 03:47 PM

18 posts, read 41,710 times
Trying to figure out the same thing. I'm no expert so don't feel I can competently judge. Competitively priced (=high, but same ballpark as most in the area), seem to stand behind their maintenance, checked out ok with BBB. I don't think they were as thorough as they could have been in diagnosing my system's problem. Quick to offer to sell me a new system. Second opinion on their diagnosis was not as dire, but time will tell.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 PM

3,999 posts, read 10,801,876 times
Justin Woodlief 796-2017. You will never call another HVAC tech again, I promise. Look up all his reviews just from here on the forum, guy is amazing! Also, even more importantly he is HONEST and does not upsell like most. I know many, many, many HVAC techs and he is who I use on my own house.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:28 PM

20 posts, read 52,121 times
Mr Woodlief never call back. Talked to him twice on the phone, he said that he would call you back later. Haven't happened. I need to replace the whole unit, 95% furnace and 3 tons 15 seer A/C, Anyone recommendations. Have anyone just had one done? What brand and cost?

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,816 times
So the quest goes on...

Has anyone got opinions on Weathermaster?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:53 PM

28 posts, read 73,338 times
You can try talking to this guy. He seemed reasonably priced and reliable for maintenance work. I have not used him to replace a full unit though (he said he just did one). Ask him for references and check them out.

Bret 919-262-9466

Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM

515 posts, read 1,712,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwyman View Post
So the quest goes on...

Has anyone got opinions on Weathermaster?
Nothing that I can say without being censored so all I'll say is RUN!!!

You will get a ton of reccomendations so I'll give you mine. They did a whole new system for me because of Weathermaster - Apex Heating & Air - Residential Heating, Commercial Cooling, HVAC Products, Apex Heating And Air Conditioning Inc., Apex, NC

Old 03-24-2010, 03:47 PM

4,044 posts, read 4,785,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc6588 View Post
Mr Woodlief never call back. Talked to him twice on the phone, he said that he would call you back later. Haven't happened. I need to replace the whole unit, 95% furnace and 3 tons 15 seer A/C, Anyone recommendations. Have anyone just had one done? What brand and cost?

Thanks!
Same here..... Justin is a nice guy, but he doesn't always follow up on giving cost estimates. He works full time for an HVAC company and does his repair work as side jobs, so that alone would make me not want to use him for complete HVAC system replacement.

Brand is a personal choice issue and you'll drive yourself nuts trying to make a decision based on what you read on the Internet since most brands have both good and bad reviews. Dealers tend to push the brands they sell which still may not give you the best bang for the buck. Proper installation is everything and will affect the operational efficiency of the unit if not correctly sized and installed properly regardless of the SEER rating or brand name.

Cost depends on the system unit combo selected and the specific requirements of your installation which may differ from others, so the total cost will vary. Get several estimates from reputable contractors. Check references and go with the one you feel the most comfortable with.

Unfortunately, I haven't found that person/company yet for my own HVAC replacement, so I can't help you with a personal recommendation. I know several people who have used Comfort Master and were happy with them. Comfort Master also handles installations ordered through Home Depot. I was not pleased with their overall work proposal for my HVAC replacement which is why I did not select them for the job, but again, that was me and doesn't mean they're not a good company to deal with.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:08 PM

4 posts, read 5,816 times
Thanks all,

I called Mr Woodlief and he did strike me as honest and reasonable - Next Monday will be the test however as that's our scheduled appointment. Hope it works out - I'll let you know.

Sincerely,
Matt

Old 08-06-2010, 06:55 PM

28 posts, read 73,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafel77 View Post
You can try talking to this guy. He seemed reasonably priced and reliable for maintenance work. I have not used him to replace a full unit though (he said he just did one). Ask him for references and check them out.

Bret 919-262-9466
I have not been able to get a hold of him for to follow up on some work he did. I would check with others for a good hvac guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary