Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:21 AM

229 posts, read 1,054,271 times

Advertisements

I have a client that is coming to town form New York, imagine that, and she is looking for Jewish Temples in the area. Anyone have any advice for me to share with her? Also, what is the differnence between a reform and conservative followings. Thanks.

Personally I've never been to a Temple.

Last edited by Tracy_Santrock; 04-12-2007 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: added detail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 07:55 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default cary and raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy_Santrock View Post
I have a client that is coming to town form New York, imagine that, and she is looking for Jewish Temples in the area. Anyone have any advice for me to share with her? Also, what is the differnence between a reform and conservative followings. Thanks.

Personally I've never been to a Temple.
There are some in Cary and Raleigh (just next to raleigh). Reform are really just a little more laid back than others. You client should know which one they want. Ask how close they want to be to them in terms of driving.

http://bethmeyer.raleigh.nc.us/
http://templebethor-raleigh.org/

Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times
I worked at Beth Meyer Synagogue on Newton Rd. many years ago in the Preschool Program. That is a very good Temple and has a wonderful Preschool Program. There is also one on Creedmoor and Falls of the Neuse Rd.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Yes, there are at least 3 temples in Raleigh that I know of. I'm not sure about some of the surrounding areas. There is Beth Meyer on Newton Road (north Raleigh), Beth Or on Creedmoor Road very close to Crabtree Valley mall. I believe they still do have a very highly rated preschool program and there is another one WAY out in North Raleigh that is a very conservative synagogue ( I think Orthodox is the right word?) but I cannot remember the name of it. It's on Falls or Neuse Road near Ravenscroft school.
I used to work for a jewish caterer and we did catering in all of those locations regularly. They are all fairly large and very nice.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 AM

45 posts, read 212,994 times
Here is a link to Jewish faith communities in Durham:

<http://www.durham-nc.com/results/results.php?src=lnk&caller=faith&box=&location=ALL &types=485>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary