Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,693,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by altwolfe View Post
and why get pissed about aggressive drivers -- you have no idea what is going on in their life. sometime people are in a hurry, sometimes they aren't. if you are not in a hurry, give people that are some space to get by. just b/c someone is "aggressive" at one point in time, doesn't mean they are at all points in time (sure there are some people that are). But just deal with -- expect that you will experience this everytime you get on the road. be ready for it and don't let it get to you.

People may have an emergency and may need to get somewhere quickly. They may be nurses trying to get to patients or hospitals, or people that need to get there quickly for their own reasons. Not everyone with a need to be places quickly gets a flashing light and siren. You don't know their reason for driving fast, so you shouldn't hamper it.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:48 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,580,152 times
New Term "Passive Aggressive Driver".

Old 06-10-2009, 12:07 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,946,106 times
What the country needs, not just NC is tougher Cell Phone Laws. Cell Phone usage contributes to a large percentage of problems on the roads today. What did everyone do before the cell phone, are you that important that you need to focus on a conversation more then on the road. Also the "me" attitude, I am so important so I won't let you in or I want to be first and get to the next red light 5 seconds faster or let me race up to bumper to bumper traffic in rush hour. I steer clear of the crazies, do the 65-70mph, if that's too slow, too bad.

I am sorry, when you get behind the wheel of any vehicle, 100% concentration should be on driving, not talking on the phone, not texting, not eating, not applying make-up, not picking your a&*, not brushing your teeth, this list is endless what I have seen out there...etc...essentially doing all this equates to the same if not worse impairment a drunk driver does...which is against the law... I don't care what state you live in, you will encounter good, bad, courteous, aggressive drivers.
Stay safe everyone.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
am sorry, when you get behind the wheel of any vehicle, 100% concentration should be on driving, not talking on the phone, not texting, not eating, not applying make-up, not picking your a&*, not brushing your teeth, this list is endless what I have seen out there...etc...essentially doing all this equates to the same if not worse impairment a drunk driver does...which is against the law... I don't care what state you live in, you will encounter good, bad, courteous, aggressive drivers.
Stay safe everyone.
I've seen many people gabbing on the phone or putting on makeup while wandering over the road and driving slow, and then they get upset when you pass them, like with "oh my God, that jerk just came out of nowhere" attitudes. No one "comes out of nowhere", you just weren't paying attention. They just aren't aware of their surroundings, and that can be deadly when behind the wheel of a two ton vehicle moving at speed.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:14 PM

282 posts, read 819,862 times
There have been multiple studies that show using a cell phone is worse than drunk driving.

Google

Old 06-10-2009, 02:01 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,161,893 times
Quote:
What the country needs, not just NC is tougher Cell Phone Laws. Cell Phone usage contributes to a large percentage of problems on the roads today.
Amen!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:01 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,304,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post

People may have an emergency and may need to get somewhere quickly. They may be nurses trying to get to patients or hospitals, or people that need to get there quickly for their own reasons. Not everyone with a need to be places quickly gets a flashing light and siren. You don't know their reason for driving fast, so you shouldn't hamper it.
I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that 99% of the drivers who tailgate, drive 10+ miles over the speed limit, and weave in and out of traffic do NOT have an emergency.

Regardless of the reason, the laws are there for everyone. No one is above the law. If it's a medical emergency, call an ambulance - it's better to do so anyway. Otherwise, you're putting others' lives at risk by driving aggressively - and NO ONE has the right to do that.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,922,511 times
Quote:
What the country needs, not just NC is tougher Cell Phone Laws. Cell Phone usage contributes to a large percentage of problems on the roads today.
The bill in NC to at least ban texting while driving has been passed and awaits the governor's signature, but "It will still be legal for adult drivers to make calls on a cell phone."

Lawmakers give OK to driver texting ban :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/5316600/ - broken link)

Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that 99% of the drivers who tailgate, drive 10+ miles over the speed limit, and weave in and out of traffic do NOT have an emergency.

Regardless of the reason, the laws are there for everyone. No one is above the law. If it's a medical emergency, call an ambulance - it's better to do so anyway. Otherwise, you're putting others' lives at risk by driving aggressively - and NO ONE has the right to do that.
Just let speeders go by and it won't bother you so much.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
The bill in NC to at least ban texting while driving has been passed and awaits the governor's signature, but "It will still be legal for adult drivers to make calls on a cell phone."

Lawmakers give OK to driver texting ban :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/5316600/ - broken link)

The bad part is, smart phones now account for 25% of phones in the US, are quickly replacing traditional cell phones, and people may not be texting, they may be reading email, browsing the Internet, watching videos, all kinds of dangerously distracting activities. We really need a hands-free law to keep drivers focused on driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.