Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 05:05 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,074,826 times

Advertisements

We had girls in dance this year and are looking for a new studio. I'd like to hear whatever you can tell me about where you go to dance and why you like it there (and anything you don't like). The girls are from rising 1st grade to rising 4th graders. Interested in ballet and jazz for the most part.

I guess what we need to know is:

- how organized/professionalized is the place? does it run smoothly?
- what are the requirements for classes--for example, I know Cary Ballet Conservatory requires at least 2 ballet classes/week at a certain point. And my daughter wants to do jazz as well. But I do NOT want to be at dance 3 days/week (I have another child to attend to, lol!).
- what is the recital experience like? How many rehearsals? How many shows? What are the costs?

ANYTHING else you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

If any of you has time and energy to spare for this, we would all really, really, really be grateful Thanks!

Last edited by annesg; 06-09-2009 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: delete link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,074,826 times
I guess no one has info for me. Here's something more specific: anyone know anything about Barriskill dance in Durham?

Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM

220 posts, read 863,641 times
Annesg,
I have my 3 yr. old in The Little Gym in Cary. It's nice. The staff are super sweet, and of course b/c of her age its non-competitive. They offer Combo classes (ballet, tap & gymnastics), Gymnastics classes, just ballet and other things like cheerleading, karate, etc. I am not sure about Jazz classes. You might call and ask. The classes run fall/winter, spring, and summer. The spring classes end this weekend, and we're having the recital this Saturday. (Each "semester" is like 20 weeks i think).
As far as Barriskill goes, a lady I work with has her four year old there and she LOVES it! They just had their recital, and I know her little girl had the bun and everything for her hair, the children held umbrellas and did a cute routinue! Good luck with your search. I hope you find the perfect place for your girls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary