Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:07 PM

35 posts, read 127,358 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Orange County California, and am seriously considering Cary for retirement. I have read most of the information out there about Cary, but have seen only a few limited pics of it. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to go on the internet to see more pictures of the town. I cannot come visit quite yet, but would really like to have a better perspective.It sounds like a lot of people on the board may also be quite interested. Also if anyone has any of their own pictures which they are willing to post that would be great. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 PM

133 posts, read 710,816 times
Visiting for the weekend, and Cary is definitely on our list. I'll be posting pics when I get a chance. Although from what I've read on this forum, Cary is a big/huge suburb, so I may only get to see a part of it. The pics would probably only give you a small "taste."

Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Thanks, that would be awesome. I cant wait to see them. What area are you moving from?

Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 PM

112 posts, read 629,978 times
One thing about Cary is that there is not really a "town" to it per say. Or should I say, there is no real "downtown". Although, there is a project in place to make one. From our visit there a few weeks ago for the first time, Cary was really just very nice residential neighborhoods, and very nicely done modern strip malls. The streets of Cary seem really nice, in that, they are heavily treed, and many of them seem to wind around. We also were able to visit two nice parks there...actually one was an enviormental preserve with walking trails, and the other park was Bond park, which also has a lake with boats for rent. I hope that gives you a better idea of what Cary is like.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:45 PM

133 posts, read 710,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshide View Post
Thanks, that would be awesome. I cant wait to see them. What area are you moving from?
Hawaii.

Several users have posted pics on this forum, so you could do a search that way. I've gotten pics from "North Raleigh Guy" and "artichoke63" and they were great. Maybe you could PM them...
Also, lots of local realtors frequent this forum, and they've been pretty helpful.

Any particular SDs/areas in Cary you interested in? What's your criteria (type, size, price, etc.)?

Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Yes,Rieboots it does. It really sound like it has the balance I may have in mind. With the necessary local resources combined with quiet beautiful streets and neighborhoods. The lake sounds particularly appealing. I wonder if there are other small bodies of water in Cary where homes will be built?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:04 PM

hi2nc, Price wise, about 800,000 with focus on nice home features over size. Would really like a 1 story on small lake .

Old 04-12-2007, 07:19 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
goshide,
You might like Lochmere or MacGregor.
http://localism.com/real-estate/NC/W...ictures?page=8

Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM

25 posts, read 109,966 times
It's gonna be hard to find pics of Cary. The downtown is undergoing "revitalization" to bring it back to its small town appeal. Currently though, many people outside of cary refer to it as a suburbian hell.

I'm actually about to move to SD county, and we poked around OC when we visited, and it seems like a bigger version of cary. Most people that move to cary love the small town appeal, with Raleigh being only 15 mins (+/-) away. I'm not sure about realty, but there's plenty of land-made bodies of water, because it's prettier.
Cary has weird standards for buildings, so as annoying as it can be, it makes the town pretty. I grew up there, it's great for what you get for the money

Old 04-13-2007, 05:50 AM

214 posts, read 663,631 times
My wife and I rode around Lochmere on Monday and we loved it. It was out of our price range, but it was absolutely gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary