U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM

55 posts, read 333,115 times

Advertisements

I was curious how RE closing are conducted in NC.

They are nuts in RI. We would have the buyers, sellers, buyer's agent, seller's agent, and the attorneys for both sides.

When I bought my first home when I was in my early 20's I had the seller's wife actually ask me how we could afford her home. I bit my tongue but wanted to say, "None of your Business".

Here in AZyou close at a title company and the only people there are the buyer and the Title Agent.

Since I purchased out of state I just had things notorized and Fed Exed all docs back.

I remember when I was selling RE in the 70's when rates were in the high teens a closing almost fell apart because the seller didn't like the buyer and wanted to haggle over some little item she thought she was entitled to.

So how are things handled there in NC? Thanks.
Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 PM

12,093 posts, read 28,684,674 times
I usually sit down with my buyers and explain the buying process and the money you'll need up front.

Usually, the buyer's agent sets up the closing date and time. I just call one of my favorite attornies and tell them when!

When closing comes, its usually the buyers and their agent and sometimes the sellers and their agent.

Once in a while, the buyer's lender will come.

Takes about 45 minutes.

Thats it!

Vicki

Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM

634 posts, read 2,345,836 times
wow, you make it sound sooo simple. I haven't bought a home yet and so much of the process seems so scary and complicated.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 PM

648 posts, read 2,756,409 times
I had my (buyer's) agent, the sellers and their agent were there and our attorney. It was at the attorney's office. I believe the same parties were present when we sold our old house in the Piedmont.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:25 PM

12,093 posts, read 28,684,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
wow, you make it sound sooo simple. I haven't bought a home yet and so much of the process seems so scary and complicated.
Of course it is scary and complicated to YOU because you don't do it every day like I do!

When you meet with your buyer's agent, sit down with her. Ask her HOW the process works. Ask her how much money you need up front. Have her explain anything you don't understand. Ask questions. Don't think that just because you don't know something that you are stupid. Some of my clients have bought many homes before the one they are buying now but things change, different states have different procedures.

Speak to a lender over the phone, get prequalified. Its always makes us feel so great to have a lender tell us that we can qualify to borrow $500,000 but make sure that lender tells you how much that $500,000 is going to cost you monthly!

I don't SELL HOUSES. Houses sell themselves. I'm here to HELP my clients. Its more of a "team" effort than most people understand and if you don't hav that with your agent...could be time to consider a change!

The more educated you are, the better decisions you'll make.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary