Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,947 times

Advertisements

Those snakes have a lot of nerve hanging out on your property. How dare they? I'm willing to wager, the only reason they are there at all, is to kill your entire family while you are sleeping. Yep. Better kill'em now before the sun goes down. Thats what they are waiting for ya know. Once its dark, your all going be killed by a team of stealthy little scaled assasins. If you are fortunate enough to live through the evening, you should hurry up and build a concrete wall, at least six feet tall, all the way around your property to keep out all that nasty wildlife. Especially those murderous copperheads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 03:01 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,208,827 times
Aren't trolls just the cutest little thing?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:05 AM

27 posts, read 79,674 times
Venomous snake bites are rare these parts. There's a 4' long black racer near the woods in my backyard that I'm happy to have. They eat varmints and other nasty creatures. He's even been inspected by my two dogs and didn't so much as attempt to bite them. Nice feller.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:26 PM

431 posts, read 1,337,683 times
Well the copperheads that those said are rare in these parts....uh no.......I've seen 2 in the past 2 months and know of 3 other neighbors who have killed them up close to their houses........so they are not rare where I am........as for other snakes.....If they are not up close on my prop thats fine but if they are to close where they could possilbly harm my kids/pets then sorry I'll do what is necessary.....my neighbor left alone a 2 ft black snake in his garden the next week he had a nasty aggressive 4 ft black snake.....right near the house......he was comfortable with the first but not the second.....so he took the shovel to it.......It depends on the actions of the snake that will make me decide how to handle it......and by the way the same day a copperhead bit his dog right before we noticed the black snake.........I've read that black rat snakes feed on copperheads so it may have flushed it out to the open and thats why they were both so close to the houses....

Old 09-12-2009, 08:25 PM

13 posts, read 47,779 times
I'm so happy to see the posts here are pro-snake!! I agree with many of the posts that everyone's gut is to get the shovel and kill a snake, no matter what species it is or what it is doing. Yes, snakes are more scared of us than we are of them. However, I can understand that it must be unnerving to see a confirmed venomous snake on your property!

Check out this site for common snake ID!
http://fwie.fw.vt.edu/VHS/venomous-l...copperhead.asp

Old 03-24-2011, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,324 times
so i was in my kitchen today feeding my son in his high chair well u had dropped a chip so i bent over to pick it up and i looked over and there was a snake in my kitchen by my food shelf i grabbed my son and ran lol am scared of snakes i went into my living room to watch it to make sure it didnt go anywhere til i called for help so my hubby gets there and he had it was a smaller snake i took a pic everyone is telling me its a copperhead and it doesnt really have the hour class spots and it was a baby snake but no yellow tip on the tail but it was two tuned colors i wanna say lite brown with dark brown spots and my hubby and his friend was trying to get ahold of it and it didnt really try to bit him it just wrapped its body around his hand and he said he squezzed they did kill him sorry but my concen is they said that if there is one then there is another and i just moved into this house about a month ago and it has a storm celler in my laundry room that leads through a door in to my kitchen and ive never been done there the landlord says in gets water down there some times so i have to turn a pump on so do u think there could be a bunch snakes down there am scared i got four kids and i dont even no what kinda snake it was and i no there is a mouse in this house i put out traps for the mouse so i think that may be the reason the snake came in or do they like being in the house do copperheads come in a kitchen and just stay put in like almost the same spot for ten to fifteen mins welll someone is screaming and kids running everywhere lol will there be more is my main question i mean if that was a baby theres a mommy rite plz help me am a nervous wreack

Old 03-24-2011, 11:26 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,238 times
If you read this whole thread, there are several links to other pages. Those sites / threads have some of the best information available about local snakes.

P.S. I see you're new so I have a bit of advice: Your post is extremely hard to read due to the lack of any capitalization or punctuation, so it may get more responses if you re-formatted a bit.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:17 AM

248 posts, read 754,206 times
Snakes follow the food . You need to get rid of your mice.
If you kill the snakes you get more mice so best thing to do is kill the mice (there nasty) and let the snakes live. I've been living here since 93 and every place I lived (WF, Morrisville, Cary and East Durham) I have had at least 1 -6 foot black snake. Most of the time it was multiple snakes but they keep the mice population down.
BTW I'm a big guy and snakes freak me out but I let them live so they can control the mice.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:36 AM

310 posts, read 575,318 times
Quote:
so i was in my kitchen today feeding my son in his high chair well u had dropped a chip so i bent over to pick it up and i looked over and there was a snake in my kitchen by my food shelf i grabbed my son and ran lol am scared of snakes i went into my living room to watch it to make sure it didnt go anywhere til i called for help so my hubby gets there and he had it was a smaller snake i took a pic everyone is telling me its a copperhead and it doesnt really have the hour class spots and it was a baby snake but no yellow tip on the tail but it was two tuned colors i wanna say lite brown with dark brown spots and my hubby and his friend was trying to get ahold of it and it didnt really try to bit him it just wrapped its body around his hand and he said he squezzed they did kill him sorry but my concen is they said that if there is one then there is another and i just moved into this house about a month ago and it has a storm celler in my laundry room that leads through a door in to my kitchen and ive never been done there the landlord says in gets water down there some times so i have to turn a pump on so do u think there could be a bunch snakes down there am scared i got four kids and i dont even no what kinda snake it was and i no there is a mouse in this house i put out traps for the mouse so i think that may be the reason the snake came in or do they like being in the house do copperheads come in a kitchen and just stay put in like almost the same spot for ten to fifteen mins welll someone is screaming and kids running everywhere lol will there be more is my main question i mean if that was a baby theres a mommy rite plz help me am a nervous wreack
I attempted to read this but it is pretty impossible. Is this what our written language is headed towards due to texting and chat rooms?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:39 AM

61 posts, read 121,593 times
Quote:

I'm turning blue....
I need a breath. Please put some periods in your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary