Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times

Advertisements

We drove to the beach this weekend and I'm always intrigued at that man made lake off the side of the freeway. Has anyone been there? It seems like it would be a hangout spot for the 20 something crowd. Can anyone give the lowdown on this lake? Is it worth spending the day at with young kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 PM

220 posts, read 866,035 times
I'm like you, fascinated and curious... haven't been yet! I like Silver Lake in Cary (same idea, but more "toys" to play with) and it's fun for kids. Has slides and such. Havent tried Tucker Lake yet though... let me know your thoughts if you do end up going!

Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis511 View Post
I like Silver Lake in Cary (same idea, but more "toys" to play with) and it's fun for kids. Has slides and such.
Nitpicking - but I thought that was in Raleigh.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:33 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,047,733 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
We drove to the beach this weekend and I'm always intrigued at that man made lake off the side of the freeway. Has anyone been there? It seems like it would be a hangout spot for the 20 something crowd. Can anyone give the lowdown on this lake? Is it worth spending the day at with young kids?
I would say no. It is usually filled with a lot of rir-raf seeing how many cold beers they can drink in the hot sun. I went once years ago and was not impressed. It may have changed, but I doubt it.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
I would say no. It is usually filled with a lot of rir-raf seeing how many cold beers they can drink in the hot sun. I went once years ago and was not impressed. It may have changed, but I doubt it.
Thanks, I was sort of wondering if it was that sort of place. I'm not a beer pounding rif raf anymore. It looks nice though. Maybe we'll try Silver Lake, sounds like a fun place.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:08 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,101,844 times
OMG - we went twice last year and LOVED it. My older kids (6 & 8 at the time) absolutely loved the water slide - you can go down as much as you liked!! My toddler loved splashing in the "lake" The older kids also had a ride on the Banana Boat. I thought it was a great place to go for a day out - we will DEF. go back this year.
In fact, my 9 year old is reading this over my shoulder and says she wants to go back there soon!!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:24 PM

93 posts, read 645,912 times
Silver Lake is sooo much more kid-friendly! I've been going since I was a child, and still love it, as do my children.
We went once to Tucker Lake and will never go again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary