Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 04:01 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times

Advertisements

I'm from Texas, but it's not because it reminds me of home. It's because I think it tastes better. I can definitely taste a difference.

I know I'm not alone in this, as Blue Bell is third in the nation for sales (behind Breyers and Edy's), despite only being sold in 19 states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 PM

632 posts, read 1,844,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
OK, so are all of the Blue Bell junkies from TX?
I've had it and it is not any better than most other brands that are readily available. My thought is that it is reminds people of home.
I can't eat much ice cream unless I get Breyer's Lactose free (only comes in vanilla), but I will pay the price and suffer for some Blue Bell Banana Pudding ice cream (and I don't even like banana pudding!). I've never tried any other of their flavors.

I grew up in AR on Yarnell's.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 PM

93 posts, read 187,277 times
I currently live in FL and Blue Bell came into our area not too long ago....Im a major fan!!!! Of course, Im a major fan of icecream, in general!!!! Was checking the thread out since I might be moving to NC in the near future....I sure hope there is someone carrying Blue Bell in the Triangle area because I would be so sad to have to go without Blue Bell

Old 06-27-2011, 08:28 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,727,168 times
I like it simply because it tastes better. Before it came to Sanford I was driving to Greensboro to buy it. The only ice cream I'll eat now is Blue Bell followed by Edys maybe. I'm eating a big ole bowl of homemade strawberries and vanilla as I type.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,572 times
Default Blue Bell Ice Cream

I am always able to find it, oddly enough, at Walgreen's Drug stores. Harris Teeter does not carry it, Target may, but Walgreens always has it in both half gallons and pints. They don't carry a ton of flavors, so I go from store to store in search of my favorite one, which shall remain a secret.
I live in Greensboro NC.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 PM

122 posts, read 431,813 times
Default Maybe--just maybe--in Apex

Friends,

The general manager of the Wal-Mart Super Center in Apex is going to try and get Blue Bell.

Feel free to call her and add your name to the request list.

There is a good chance that she can make it happen.

Logman

Old 07-29-2011, 07:05 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logman View Post
Friends,

The general manager of the Wal-Mart Super Center in Apex is going to try and get Blue Bell.

Feel free to call her and add your name to the request list.

There is a good chance that she can make it happen.

Logman
Unless they have a distribution network and cold storage already set up, It's not likely W-Mart will be able to get BB. Down here in FL, BB has their own trucks and employees who distribute to the retailers. BB is one of the few things I like about FL. Good luck.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:00 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,381 times
I can't fight the feeling any longer. I'm going to try and make it to Pittsboro this weekend and give this stuff a try.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 PM

216 posts, read 539,279 times
Wife found it at the Fort Bragg Commissary

Old 07-30-2011, 07:58 AM

98 posts, read 231,780 times
If vanilla would do, that's the only brand served at Carrabbas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary