Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM

63 posts, read 145,467 times

Advertisements

Laying the brick border for the area around my son's playset. Yeah, my timing may not be ideal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 12:39 PM

302 posts, read 961,877 times
Me.... probably watchin it rain here in NY (like it has been for the last 16 days), drinkin a few beers and cursing the economy for making it so hard to find a job in Raleigh.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,631 times
Great topic and graphic, North Ralegh Guy!

To beat the heat this weekend made a cool 7 layer salad. Got some corn on the cob and juicy cold watermelon, also a new tub of sugar free ice cream. Might hold off till Monday to cut the very tall grass and go to a movie when not just staying inside in the AC.

So sorry to hear your AC is broke, Chapel Hill Transplant. I really feel for ya. We were in that position 4 years ago in late June when we moved into our house. It took a week to get the part. The humidity in the house was making all the unpacked boxes (cardboard) start to fall apart.... We stayed in a hotel a few nights as we were in the midst of a heatwave.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:18 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
A softshell crab sandwich will also be on my agenda.
Yum!! I've got to get to the beach soon! My barnacles are drying out! Darned swim team meets are seriously cutting into my summer fun.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
Just made some wonderful bruschetta - heading to our neighbor's house with chianti in hand ...they fixed antipasto, prosciutto/soprasata platters.
Mangia mangia!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
Heading east. Just finished a barbecue plate from Wibur's. Should be on the beach by 5pm with a cooler of cold beer and water. Going in-shore fishing tomorrow and hope to do some body surfing on Sunday with my kids. A softshell crab sandwich will also be on my agenda.
That sounds awesome!

I see a cold Margarita on the rocks in my immediate future!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,344,148 times
Unfortunately, I won't be beating the heat. Tomorrow is Hog Day and Sunday is mow the lawn/pressure wash house/weed.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:17 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,317 times
Smile A Great Weather Weekend is a Terrible Thing to Waste.

Given that we will have a spectacular weather weekend, I plan on spending as much of it as possible outside. I would never want to waste such an opportunity inside. I will
  • continue my losing battle against the crabgrass
  • take a nice bike ride
  • work in my wonderful raised bed garden
  • possible start building another raised bed garden
  • try to decide between an afternoon round of golf or tennis
  • drink my wonderful 4C ice tea, if I can locate some
  • make several brilliant, accurate and informative posts on City Data from my awesome cathedral ceiling screened porch
It's going to be a wonderful weekend to be outside folks, so don't let it pass you without getting outside to enjoy it.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:17 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
That sounds awesome!

I see a cold Margarita on the rocks in my immediate future!
Make mine frozen, m'kay?

As soon as I can get my hands on a really good watermelon, I'm going to make some watermelon agua fresca.

Topic? Watering the flower beds and container herbs and hanging baskets, cleaning the bird bath (fun job) and other outdoor stuff before 9:00 am. I'll be indoors the rest of the day, doing a combination of cleaning and relaxing. I'll also make a lemon chess pie for my husband for Father's Day.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:13 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,390 times
Playing Wii, watching golf, making banana pudding and steak for my dh and enjoying our boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary