Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:09 PM

13 posts, read 28,150 times

Advertisements

Yes, I have spent hours searching and reading these threads until my eyes are almost crossed. We are relocating to the Raleigh area by the end of the summer. I have only visited one time to take a brief tour by my husband. Our goal during that time was to look at Apex, Cary, and Fuquay. At the time, we wanted to get a feel for the area on our own. I have read several threads about Wake County schools vs. Chatham County schools. I have looked at NC School Report Cards until I am blue in the face. Several schools do not meet AYP. Help me understand? What is with the Fuquay area? We visited South Lakes. It was very nice. A lot of the other areas looked top dollar on the internet but pretty shabby when we visited. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,281,123 times
Can you give some more info? What are you looking for in a house? What is your price range? Where are you going to be working? What type of commute do you want? Are the certain stores or ammenities you want nearby?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 PM

Thank you for the response...yes I can give you a bit more information. Price range $300,000 to $400,000. We are looking for only new construction. I really like South Lake and the style of homes. However, I like the benefits of Beaver Creek shopping. I am a stay at home mom as of May 31st. Yippee! I am sooo looking forward to this. I have taught for 13 years and finally calling it quits. Thank you Jesus.....My husband is in sales. He travels a ton. I like Bungalow/Cottage style homes. I want a "hood" where my kids can play with kids their own age (under 8 years). I am wanting a good SOLID school where teachers teach and care about kids. I want to get invovled as a parent this time. Any advice would be great. Thank you! BTW....I HAVE NEVER RESPONDED TO A FORUM UNTIL NOW....

Old 06-20-2009, 08:10 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl09 View Post
Yes, I have spent hours searching and reading these threads until my eyes are almost crossed. ...<snip>...
aww bless your heart, we do have loads of info round here, I feel for yaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl09 View Post
...<snip>...BTW....I HAVE NEVER RESPONDED TO A FORUM UNTIL NOW....
Well welcome, and it doesn't get any better than these cool members. Enjoy.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Still waiting for a little more advice from folks????

Old 06-21-2009, 05:13 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,366 times
Here is my one piece of advice I think you should consider. You say you only want a new home. Before you totally commit to that look through the MLS. They give the year built. MANY of the homes are less than two years old. There are a lot of relocations in the Raleigh area which means there are a ton of homes worth looking at that are "practically new". I think by doing so you will have more choices as far as schools and areas around Beaver Creek. Right now it seems there are not as many new contruction neighborhoods available and I think you will severely limit your search if you seek only new construction homes out.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:36 PM

CAKD...did my husband pay you to say that? Ha-ha...thank you for the tip! I will look. I am back on again tonight reading about the over crowding of the classrooms. My stomach is in knots!! Do I look for a home that will fit our family or do I look for a home were my kids will go to the right school? And if I decide because of the school, what is the chance of my kiddos moving schools?

Old 06-21-2009, 10:49 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,263,664 times
On that note, and not to hijack the thread, but does anyone homeschool in Raleigh? Or is considered a "weird" thing still?

Alley

Old 06-21-2009, 10:54 PM

Not weird at all! I thought about that myself but wanted more socially for them. I was afraid to get too isolated!

Old 06-22-2009, 06:48 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,663,402 times
Dixiegirl... have you checked out Heritage of Wake Forest? It sounds like it would fit your needs. I know it is in the opposite area you have looked at previously, but it does have all the amenities and lifestyle you are looking for in a subdivision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary