Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:50 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times

Advertisements

Looking to by a Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma or similar type truck. It must be new, as I do not do other people's used stuff. It can't be a Gubmint Motors truck. Who would you consider reputable dealers here for such a purchase and who would have the best deals in the area?

Old 06-20-2009, 07:55 AM

551 posts, read 1,874,776 times
Well, we got a Tacoma about a month ago. We went to an out of town dealer but basically it was a question of which one had the truck we wanted in their inventory. Unless something has really changed
there won't be a lot of Tacoma's in the lot anywhere. FWIW I think you would get a Ranger lower priced, but drive both and see what you think. We love our Tacoma.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:41 AM

Yes, I am assuming I may be able to get a better deal on a Ranger. I have owned 2 in the past and really like them. I am open to any truck that size, except for anything GM or Chrysler made. I would like to find a place that will deal honestly and not have to play the game.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM

85 posts, read 379,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I would like to find a place that will deal honestly and not have to play the game.
Does such a place even exist?!? You know buying a vehicle is always a cat and mouse chase

Old 06-20-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momin9804 View Post
Does such a place even exist?!? You know buying a vehicle is always a cat and mouse chase
I have seen one price dealerships in other areas. Also, some dealerships are worse than others. I know they need to move vehicles, so don't play games with me is how I look at it. I am interested in people's experience with local dealers, so I know who I show deal with.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:10 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
You never know kind of car or truck deal you're going to get until you play the game. You have to do your homework, do the leg work, and step up to the plate and take a swing. There are probably deals to be had this weekend due to the heat. Only the hardcore are car shopping this weekend, and that should play right into your hand CD

Old 06-20-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
You never know kind of car or truck deal you're going to get until you play the game. You have to do your homework, do the leg work, and step up to the plate and take a swing. There are probably deals to be had this weekend due to the heat. Only the hardcore are car shopping this weekend, and that should play right into your hand CD
Trust me, I ALWAYS do my homework. I am starting with people's personal experience.

I am guessing LOTS pf people will be out this weekend, with the glorious weather and all.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 AM

85 posts, read 379,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Trust me, I ALWAYS do my homework. I am starting with people's personal experience.

I am guessing LOTS pf people will be out this weekend, with the glorious weather and all.
If you are willing to travel to Durham you could check out Mark Jacobson Toyota and his "low no haggle prices" LOL

Old 06-22-2009, 01:55 PM

214 posts, read 695,002 times
I assume you won't consider GM or Dodge out of principle because they accepted government financing? In that case you need to eliminate pretty much every european, japanese and korean manufacturer because all of them regularly get plenty of government money either directly or through things like energy and steel subsidies, often worth far more than the bailout $ for either of our "bailed out" companies. Also remember that unlike the situation of our big 3, their governments are picking up the tab for employee and retiree healthcare, pensions, and higher education (yes the big 3 have resorted to offering scholarships and tuition assistance to ensure they have a trained workforce that they can hope to try to hire) yet they are paying lower corporate tax.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
I negotiated my most recent new car purchase before I ever set foot on a single dealer's lot (except to do some browsing). I identified the model I wanted, made queries online at several local dealers, got their prices back, haggled a bit with two of them, and then went in to confirm my selection and close the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary