U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:01 PM

9,821 posts, read 29,054,215 times

Advertisements

Today my wife and I took in some free music in Carrboro at the Weaver Street Jazz & More Brunch. It was great sitting in the shade taking in some free tunes. They have free music every sunday in the summer from 11-1. Bring a blanket or chairs and relax. Afterwards we drove around the corner to West Franklin Street in Chapel Hill and took a stroll. Here are a few quick pictures from our trip in both areas. I really need to spend more time photographing Chapel Hill. I haven't even begun to explore it outside of the immediate area around West Franklin Street. Anyway, just wanted to share for those interested in catching a glimpse of what parts of it looks like. Enjoy!

Weaver Street Market in Carrboro

View looking down Weaver Street

Music on the lawn in front of the market

Part of West Franklin Street in Chapel Hill

Area of UNC Campus next to West Franklin Street

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,476,290 times
Nice shot of the Thunderbird near Linda's

Old 06-22-2009, 01:29 PM

1,190 posts, read 3,881,620 times
Default reply

Thanks NRG. Those are great pics. I think that parts of Chapel Hill are as pretty as anywhere in all of North Carolina. I especially love the neighborhoods around the secret fraternity Ghimgoul Castle. You should check those out sometime soon. And afterwards, grab a slice of pie at Pepper's on Franklin Street. The local scenery is quite nice as well.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
Thanks NRG. Those are great pics. I think that parts of Chapel Hill are as pretty as anywhere in all of North Carolina. I especially love the neighborhoods around the secret fraternity Ghimgoul Castle. You should check those out sometime soon. And afterwards, grab a slice of pie at Pepper's on Franklin Street. The local scenery is quite nice as well.
Thanks for the tips. I'll check those places out soon!

Old 06-22-2009, 03:03 PM

12,515 posts, read 30,236,191 times
Wow, there were quite a few ppl there.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:15 PM

744 posts, read 1,190,316 times
They also havemusical performances on Thursday evenings. The front of Weaver Street market is packed pretty much every day. People will get a bottle of wine or some beer from the store, or some food, and dine or drink outside. There' also great ice cream at Maple View (local dairy) across the street. One block down there's Neal's Deli (houemade cornd beef and pastrami), Cliff's Meats (one of the few butchers still operating in the Triangle), and Open Eye Cafe (roasts their own beans, award winning baristas). Orange County Social Club and Southern Rail are two of the coolest places in the Triangle to have drinks. That little area of Carrboro is really neat.

NRG, nice pics! What are you shooting with? I got a Nikon D40x recently and was down at Weaver Street shooting a couple of weeks ago myself.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:50 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,618,420 times
Once again, nicely photographed NRG. Thanks much!

- geoff

Old 06-22-2009, 04:24 PM

1,561 posts, read 4,923,149 times
i love that part of unc's campus, about halfway down, with the tall trees and nice green lawn. i could spend all afternoon there.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post

NRG, nice pics! What are you shooting with? I got a Nikon D40x recently and was down at Weaver Street shooting a couple of weeks ago myself.
I have a basic point and shoot Sony DSC-W7 Cyber-shot. I hope to get a new and better camera one day. I hear the Nikon D40x takes nice pictures. I don't know too much about cameras though!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:34 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,551,016 times
Rush Limbaugh would appreciate an event like this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary