Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 7,530 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Im looking to find any information on the NC State and surrounding areas. Im interested in going to grad school at and would like to buy a house somewhere in the area. Somewhere nice (of course) and still just a short distance from the campus. If anyone has any information that you think I would find useful could you please let me know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 07:38 PM

43,283 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDnj View Post
Hello,
Im looking to find any information on the NC State and surrounding areas. Im interested in going to grad school at and would like to buy a house somewhere in the area. Somewhere nice (of course) and still just a short distance from the campus. If anyone has any information that you think I would find useful could you please let me know.

Thanks!
How close to Campus? I assume you want to avoid heavy undergrad rental areas....
Single family or townhome?
Trailwood Hills area has SFR options near State.
There are new townhomes going up at the corner of Blue Ridge and Western Blvd.
Several small neighborhoods in West Raleigh present opportunities from time to time.

Of course it all comes down to what your budget allows.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:31 AM

64 posts, read 251,197 times
Honestly, you are best getting a local agent to help you out. There are great pockets of housing where faculty and staff dominate and students are rare. A good agent should help you be able to narrow it down. We liked our agent a lot and she helped one of my wife's coworkers (work at the NCSU Vet School) find a house close to campus and not college environment). You can contact her at www.beckyharper.com I'm sure most any experienced agent has done your type of search numerous times.

When we were buying a house one of the areas we liked was down Trinity Rd (passed the RBC Center and Carter-Finley Stadium). It was tucked away and much quieter than the NCSU-type neighborhoods in the Tryon Rd area.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
I just helped a friend of mine sell her house in trailwood knolls. It is a cute 3 bedroom 2 bath, detached house. The houses in that neighborhood are in the 140's range. There are many areas around trailwood knolls, plus there are also condos, etc.

I have a feeling houses in this area at this price point go quickly beacuse her house was on the market for a day and we had two offers.

the reason this neighborhood is popular is that it is not over run by college students, yes there were grad students, but they were not huge parties going on, etc. Many of the people in the neighborhood had lived there for 10 years.

leigh

Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I just helped a friend of mine sell her house in trailwood knolls. It is a cute 3 bedroom 2 bath, detached house. The houses in that neighborhood are in the 140's range. There are many areas around trailwood knolls, plus there are also condos, etc.

I have a feeling houses in this area at this price point go quickly beacuse her house was on the market for a day and we had two offers.

the reason this neighborhood is popular is that it is not over run by college students, yes there were grad students, but they were not huge parties going on, etc. Many of the people in the neighborhood had lived there for 10 years.

leigh
Do you know which neighborhood in Raleigh includes the Trailwood Knolls homes?

Also, do you know of any homes with garage/in-law apartments that are becoming available for rent? My daughter (straight-A college student, no partying) is looking...

Old 04-17-2007, 03:44 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
trailwood knolls is just off of gorman street, close to campus but not too close! it is on the wolfline, there are condos and apartments close by. Your daughter can always call the housing office at nc state, they usually keep a book where people can advertise if they are looking for a roommate, etc

Craigslist might be another option,

Leigh

Old 04-17-2007, 10:28 PM

129 posts, read 566,117 times
Crescent Ridge Townhouses off Tryon Road, between Gorman street and Avent Ferry. They are #1 townhouses in Wake County at the moment for double digit % increase (profit) over the past 2 years and resale. Have garages, great location, near state and right around the corner from the beltline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary