Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:30 PM

54 posts, read 347,132 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I am still looking for a good doctor for myself and my husband without having to drive to Cary. We live near McGee's Crossroads but are close to Garner and Clayton - Fuquay, too. Any suggestions? Really looking for someone compassionate (and competent!). I can't believe how hard it is to find a good doctor is this area! Your help would be greatly appreciated....

Paula
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 05:48 PM

584 posts, read 1,540,222 times
Default Doctor

Check out the 4042.com - The Home Page for Johnston County, NC website, it is the local message board for Johnston Cty. Several people have posted good reviews for some of the docs at Horizon family.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 PM

147 posts, read 426,492 times
Garner Internal Medicine is off White Oak Road just down from the White Oak Cinema. They are very good and have both male and female doctors and I know they are still accepting new patients.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:28 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,091,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchess View Post
Garner Internal Medicine is off White Oak Road just down from the White Oak Cinema. They are very good and have both male and female doctors and I know they are still accepting new patients.
I go here - they are good doctors!

Old 07-11-2009, 07:27 AM

54 posts, read 347,132 times
Thanks for the suggestion. I've also been told Horizon Family Practice on 42 is good. Anyone else heard of them?

Paula

Old 07-11-2009, 11:36 AM

38 posts, read 129,828 times
Horizon is very good but what else would I think when I am joining them in a couple months(different location) They are located on 42, west of downtown. They are adding an additional doctor in that office this summer sometime also, so access should not be a big problem. There is a Horizon practice in Smithfield and FourOaks also if those would be closer. My practice will eventually be east of Clayton(Riverwood area), but I am starting in the Smithfield office until it gets built out.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:45 PM

35 posts, read 85,321 times
I live in Clayton and don't like any of the doctors I've tried here so far as well as Garner Internal Medicine in White Oak. I travel some to Six Forks road but my doctor is not only a physician but a research doctor for Glaxo Smith Klein. She has a private practice right off I440 exit 8A. They practice integrated medicine there and also offer accupuncture. You will get first class attention and care. Never a long wait as it is a family practice husband and wife. Very knowledgeable and great with diabetics like me. Not just a pill pushing doctor like the typical ones these days.

She is Dr. Denise Sutherland-Philips and her husband Dr. Philips at North Hills Integrative Medicine. They are well worth the 20-25 minute drive. You will get appointment reminders as well. My experience with Clayton doctors and Garner is they are not consistent with the practice. You wait longer in the room for the doctor to come than actual attention. Unfortunately most are interested in making quotas.

North Hills Integrative Medicine Association
4040 Barrett Dr
Raleigh, NC 27609
Tel.: (919) 783-5300

North Hills Integrative Medicine Association, 4040 Barrett Dr, Raleigh, NC, 27609, (919) 783-5300, Acupuncture Office, Acupuncturist

Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 PM

34 posts, read 47,998 times
I used to live in Garner and was referred to Garner Family Practice - there are some really good doctors there, as well as some not-so-good doctors there. If you go long enough (especially if you go on Saturday), you'll find out who the good ones are and request to be put on their service.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:19 AM

289 posts, read 487,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey Crew View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I've also been told Horizon Family Practice on 42 is good. Anyone else heard of them?

Paula
I go to Horizon Family in Clayton and am very happy there. i usually see Dr. Harris.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 AM

240 posts, read 625,965 times
Go to Garner Internal and ask to see Jim McCann, he's a PA but he's a hell of a guy and really knows his stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary