Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 07:24 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,664 times

Advertisements

Yep, Tribeca Tavern. They have one in Cary. Best Burger that I have had in the Triangle (although I do not actively seek great burgers). They use all locally grown ingredients(cheeses, meats, produce), sell local beers, etc... Really great place. Can't wait to have one so close my place in Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
I have to say, my wife and I have been loving Tribeca Tavern in Cary since it opened. The pricing is not bad at all and the food is delicious. They have a really good selection of local beers and their overall beer selection beats most places other than say Tylers or Flying Saucer types. For those with kids, I will say that it is a nice, kid friendly place without a bar-y feel at all, unless you go right to the bar. 90$ of th tables feel like any other restaurant with TVs everywhere. However, as a couple with no kids, my wife and I have not felt over run by kids at all either.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:48 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times
Yep, we love Tribeca, and loved Michael Dean's. We're sad to see MD's get turned into a Tribeca, especially since we already live near the existing Tribeca, so we made one last trip to MD's in the closing days.

They haven't ruled out reopening MD's in a new location in the future, but Tribeca has been such a success and they think the location suits a Tribeca better than an MD's. And there are reportedly plans for two more Tribecas in the Triangle.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:07 AM

246 posts, read 627,295 times
Rocky Top is closing Bogart's as well and renovating it. They said they look to "touch" all of their restaurants this year.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 AM

257 posts, read 713,454 times
While slightly sad at Michael Dean's closing, I've heard great things about Tribeca, and the description of their burgers sounds amazing! So I view this as a net positive, and look forward to trying out Tribeca when it opens.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:34 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,653 times
Tribeca looks really good, but the prices of local beers at 5 bucks each, seems high to me for a pint.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
Tribeca looks really good, but the prices of local beers at 5 bucks each, seems high to me for a pint.
Every day of the week, at least one of their Mash House pints is on special for $3.

Michael Dean's had similar deals there...on our last visit there, all their pints were $3, and I indulged in one of each of the four. Mmmm....tasty.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:21 PM

455 posts, read 919,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectE View Post
Rocky Top is closing Bogart's as well and renovating it. They said they look to "touch" all of their restaurants this year.
The email I got from Rocky Top about Bogart's made it sound like they were closing it for good. It basically said "thanks for 10 great years in Raleigh, Bogart's is closing at the end of the month" etc etc.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 PM

260 posts, read 545,805 times
Bogart's is closing permanently on Sunday Feb 27. They are having a special all weekend with $10 entrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary