Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 PM

13 posts, read 63,897 times

Advertisements

i tend to agree with bobc - the italian i've found around here has, for the most part, left something to be desierd. i do enjoy visiting daniel's (apex), and biaggi's (morrisville) isn't bad (overpriced imo). but i would love having more options!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 11,149 times
Default Bella Monica

Has Great Italian Food and is located in the Edwards Mill Rd Shopping Plaza. The only downfall is that they are not open on Sundays.

Gourmet Pizza, Pasta, & Wine in Raleigh, North Carolina (NC) at Bella Monica Italian Restaurant

Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 PM

213 posts, read 936,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTEACHER View Post
I am currently living in NY but actually thinking of relocating. A close friend of mine has his own family restuarant up here which is small but VERY successful and tasty.

How do you think he would do if he tried to open an Italian Restuarant in the Raleigh area??? Is it a tough business down in NC?

Just tell them to remember to bring the water so the bread, pizza, etc tastes the same. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:21 PM

81 posts, read 273,689 times
Currently my parents own an Italian restaurant near Philadelphia (Doylestown, PA), as does my uncle (Collingswood, NJ) who is pretty well known in the Philadelphia culinary community. My uncle, my parents and myself immigrated over to the United States in the late 80s. Though I currently am in the Charlotte area for college, I feel like there is very little choice when it comes to Italian cuisine throughout the state. The lack of an Italian market is also hard to get used to, though I know there is a small one at least an hour away from Charlotte. My boyfriend and I are planning to live near either Charlotte or Raleigh after graduation, so I just keep trying to see what has the greater amount of Italian to help base my decision. :-)

Anyway, I just hope that my parents will eventually move down here, since I know that my father has expressed an interest in moving our restaurant to somewhere in North Carolina. He wants to do it mainly because a lot of our customers have second homes in North/South Carolina and tell him that they need Italian restaurants down here. For now I just eat what is available in the Charlotte area, or cook my family's recipes for myself, nothing can beat home cooking with family recipes.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 PM

53 posts, read 169,829 times
Default Bring it to Wake Forest

We need a good pizza place desperately. The one place that is okay isn't reliable. One time it can be good and then the next it is like cardboard.

Then me and my hubby got a hero and it was so small I ate the entire thing. And I could never do that in NY.

I love it here in NC but the only complaint I have is the pizza!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:42 PM

836 posts, read 3,468,894 times
Quote:
The lack of an Italian market is also hard to get used to, though I know there is a small one at least an hour away from Charlotte. My boyfriend and I are planning to live near either Charlotte or Raleigh after graduation, so I just keep trying to see what has the greater amount of Italian to help base my decision. :-
The Triangle does have a couple decent italian markets, such as Conti's and DaVinci's and another I can't remember the name of.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:33 PM

351 posts, read 770,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNC View Post
The Triangle does have a couple decent italian markets, such as Conti's and DaVinci's and another I can't remember the name of.
DaVinci's is the real deal, I can vouch for that.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
DaVinci's is the real deal, I can vouch for that.
Their ring sausage is awesome!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Just as long as I can find good Lasgana when I get there next month. Otherwise I will have some serious issues.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:44 AM

403 posts, read 929,486 times
Giacomo's is the best italian market in the state--they're in Greensboro so if you're willing to make the hour drive over there it's well worth it.

newsobserver.com |Epicurean: The Blog - Homemade salami in NC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary