U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:49 PM

578 posts, read 2,953,469 times

Advertisements

Here are some photos of the Falls River neighborhood in North Raleigh. Neighborhood is located near Falls of the Neuse and Durant. It's a great kid friendly neighborhood with extra wide streets, sidewalks on both sides of every street, green areas and pocket parks every couple of blocks, an access trail to Capital Greenway, and a nice looking pool club with 2 pools, tennis, volleyball, small playground, and what appeared to be a small soccer field.

I might have driven out of Falls River proper towards the end, it's not clear to me exactly where the specific Falls River development ends yet.

Neighborhood website: http://fallsriver.org/
Neighborhood pool club website: http://fallsriverclub.com/

Entrance to development off Durant Rd. Durant Middle school (not visible) is on the right side of the photo.

Pool club house

Kiddie pool

Lap pool + playground

What appears to be a small soccer field

Roundabout (across the street) separating the entrance to the development from the pool club and streets

General neighborhood

Green space

General neighborhood

1-way street in part of the neighborhood. But note how wide it still is.

Play park currently being refurbished.

Play park currently being refurbished.

General neighborhood

Entrance to Capital Greenway

Short no-house green area separating the front/back of the neighborhood

Short no-house green area separating the front/back of the neighborhood

General neighborhood

General neighborhood

General neighborhood

General neighborhood - car gives perspective for the extra wide streets

Fairly large pocket park with playground

General neighborhood

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM

122 posts, read 464,606 times
Thanks for posting the photo's of this darling community. Would you know what the price ranges are for homes in this neighborhood?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:00 PM

From what I've learned about Falls River the neighborhood has houses of virtually every type: town houses, condos, patio homes, cottage homes, 1 story, and 2 story. I've seen sale prices up to $399K though I believe that's the high end of the price range for the neighborhood.

I recall a handful of FSBO while driving around in there.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:33 PM

What is "FSBO"?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:34 PM

Disregard my request. The answer just popped up from my memory bank (for sale by owner).

Old 04-18-2007, 01:37 PM

648 posts, read 2,846,621 times
Where is everybody? Lots of sidewalks, playgrounds, and a community center....

Or was it the middle of a weekday?

Old 04-18-2007, 02:21 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,526,924 times
what a beautiful place

Old 04-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Good point. It was Monday early afternoon. I saw 2-3 people walking dogs. 1 jogger. And a three small children playing in their yards or in the street (a cul-de-sac). But it was pretty quiet.

To my knowledge Falls River was established in 1999 so it's older which explains the mature landscaping on the personal property. But it looks like the developers generally took care to leave a lot of existing trees around which adds to the overall beauty of the neighborhood.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:56 PM

634 posts, read 2,424,944 times
It's beautiful! I noticed that one home had a basketball hoop just to the side of the driveway. HOA must be pretty flexible?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:30 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,101,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
It's beautiful! I noticed that one home had a basketball hoop just to the side of the driveway. HOA must be pretty flexible?
Most HOAs don't seem to mind a portable hoop in a driveway. Permanent ones tend to be the problems. Our HOA bans permanent ones, allows for the sort that can be moved (as my hubby and daughter are out shooting hoops with the member of the HOA board as I type this!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary