Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ANDERSON HOMES VS KB HOMES
ANDERSON HOMES BETTER? 23 62.16%
KB HOMES BETTER? 14 37.84%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:05 PM

18 posts, read 56,417 times

Advertisements

WAS WONDIERING YOUR OPINIONS ON THE TWO, WE ARE LOOKING INTO COBLESTONE HEARD ANDRESON HOMES ARE A BETTER BARGAN, ANYONE CARE TO ADD THEIR OWN COMMENTS TO THIS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 02:43 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebabe View Post
WAS WONDIERING YOUR OPINIONS ON THE TWO, WE ARE LOOKING INTO COBLESTONE HEARD ANDRESON HOMES ARE A BETTER BARGAN, ANYONE CARE TO ADD THEIR OWN COMMENTS TO THIS?

Will do!

Okay, here's the deal...
I actually live in the Anderson homes in Cobblestone. I LOVE it. I did first check out KB homes, was impressed by the "models" but was un-impressed on how the sales lady could not give me a price range on the "upgrades". Everything that was nice in my opinion, was an "upgrade". I found out later, just how expensive the "upgrades" were from a friend of mine who was in the process of buying a house there, but backed out once she got the ballpark figure. You could tell by the sales lady face that she knew she "lost us" when we asked about that. She wasn't rude or anything, she was quite nice but you could tell it wasnt something she could say.

As we were driving out, we decided to stop anyway to check out the Anderson homes even though we did not have it on our list. The first thing that impressed us was that the "upgrades" for the KB homes were STANDARDS for Anderson homes. The hard wood floors, the appliances, the cabinets, the fixtures, the garden tub, the loft, etc. Seriously, I could go on and on. We fell in love with the model home! Its actually going to be on sale in a few months, and we expressed interest in it. The realtor told us to check out a couple of other homes in the neighborhood with the same floor plan (Taylor) so we did. The second house, we just KNEW as we were driving to it, that was our house. Even before walking in. Sure enough, an hour later, we were filling out the paperwork!
We moved in on the 30th of March, and have been 100% satisfied ever since!

Another set of friends did a "build to buy" with KB in Durham. We were looking at their house, which was a year old, and was so un-impressed with the building. Seriously, everything looked like it was falling apart. I have also noticed that the KB homes in the cobblestone place seem to be taking forever to build. We met the builder with Anderson (Alex), he is amazing! He was there with us during our walk through and was such a great guy!

Last but not least...and you didnt hear this from me but...
One of the guys in the neighborhood who did a "build to buy" with Anderson, actually runs KB Homes.
My neighbor told me that, I thought it was kind of funny.

So yeah, two thumbs up from a resident in Anderson homes at Cobblestone!

(I also posted pictures somewhere on this board, do a search for "Clayton" and it should come up!)

Old 04-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Pictures of Cobblestone that I took:

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-pictures.html

Old 04-18-2007, 03:15 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,818 times
Thanks for the input on the Anderson homes. What is their website so I can check them out?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:05 AM

Anderson homes website: http://www.andersonhomesnc.com/

Anderson homes @ Cobblestone:
http://www.andersonhomesnc.com/commu...ty=Cobblestone

Also, they give you a "gift" of $5000 to $10,000 to "spend as you like". You get it in a gift certificate form to either Triangle Towne Center, Crabtree Mall, Lowe's Home Improvement or Best Buy.

Very nice.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM

very cool, thank you

How big are the lots in Cobblestone, on average?

Old 04-19-2007, 12:33 PM

Hmmm..good question.
KB homes has small lots. Anderson has small to large lots. For instance, my house is the fourth house. The first three houses have small front yards, but big back yards. My house sits a few feet back from my neighbors on the left but I have a huge front yard and a decent size back yard. Both KB & Anderson have plenty of lots to buy from, they are cutting down more trees behind my house now to clear out more room for land. Anderson is also building a "walking trail" (which I'm excited about!) and another pool from what I understand.

I also looked at the Centex homes on 42 and I found their lots to be extremely small. I also like the landscaping for Anderson. The KB homes dont seem to maintain their lots or something, most of the grass is pretty much dead. Anderson homes have someone come by to seed your yard, etc. All you have to do is stay on top of the watering. You can walk in my yard barefoot, the grass is extremely soft and well maintained.
I would definately "interview" both Anderson & KB to see which one fits your standards. I dont recall KB saying anything about maintaining the yards.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:45 PM

Wow, thanks for the info. The more I hear about the Anderson homes, the more impressed I am.

I was also interested in the Centex homes, but not if the lots are real small. We don't need that big of a front yard, but I would like to have at least some room in a back yard for the kids to toss a football around and such.

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:13 AM

Definately check into Anderson!
Ask for Cheryl, she's the BEST!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:47 AM

2 posts, read 11,240 times
Default personal Opinions

Everyone here has an opinion about who builds the better home. KB or Anderson. I bought my LARGE lot with KB on November 30 and moved in May 15. There was a home being built by Anderson at the SAME time and my home was finished 3 weeks before we closed and Anderson was JUST finishing it. It's the lot on the corner across the street from the Cobblestone Place sign. I will admit that they Lots from this point forward in EITHER community are going to be that large. Most of the time after the first phase they aren't. BUT at the same time MY neighbors are great. My home ISN'T falling apart and neither is anyone else's out there for that matter. KB gives you a maintenance agreement where they come in Two weeks after it's built, 3 months after it's built, 6 months after it's built and 1 year after it's built to make ALL repairs to the home once the home has gone through all four season. I drive through anderson EVERYDAY and I have yet to see a builder out there. So I don't know where their miraculous speed is coming from putting up houses. In the time they build 3 new homes, Gary at KB has completed the ENTIRE first PHASE and is working on the second and have all those lots that have been sold framed and most of them already dry walled. So take it from someone that has WATCHED the process. everything that glitters isn't gold. If you look at the sign driving into Cobblestone you'll see where KB's Prices start in the 140's and Anderson's starts in the 200's. So I found that funny when I read something about the price of the home. KB gave me $10K at closing which I didn't even need it all and ended up getting a check BACK for buying the home. So when someone says that some things great really investigate yourself I know I did my home work and in the end the pricing where you start with a Anderson home would possibly be where you end up with a KB home. Talk to some of the home owners and get a feel for what they have experienced and make an informed decision. Wouldn't you rather have money back at closing instead of 10K to go shopping with? that sounds great but in the grand scheme of things you may have gotten 10K for buying the home but your note could have been 10K cheaper with cash left over. And as far as the grass, two words Water Restriction. Some of us like to obey the law. Thanks for your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary