Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 AM

754 posts, read 1,692,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalrenee View Post
My RR went up again, to $57.95, though the same service is $29.95 for 12 months for new subscribers. I called to bargain down, and they lowest they would go is $49.95. When I refused, the customer service guy told me I was "being difficult, but if that's how you want it, ma'am, good luck w/ your new service." I switched to Earthlink, @ $29.95/month for 6 months, using the same lines and modem as TWC, and had to call TWC to complete the transfer. The guy I got offered me RR Lite for 3 months @ $19.95 - lower speed than what I have, with rates going up again. I refused, and was told, "whatever lady, it's your money."

I think that has sealed my usage of TWC for anything.
Lovely customer service. Good job switching to EL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 AM

374 posts, read 1,181,600 times
For those of you calling to "bargain down" you need to make sure you speak to the retentions department. They are the only ones who can offer the good deals for staying, the regular CSR's do not have access to the good promotion codes. To speak to retentions you need to go thru the menu to cancel the service.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalnc View Post
Flipping through channels is slow and aggravating? How? You push the button on the remote and the channel changes. Mine has never been slow.
I have the Cisco HDTV cable box (they bought Scientific Atlanta) and it will freeze up when changing channels and then all the sudden catch up. In other words, the channel doesn't change every time you hit the button on the remote and it lags behind so you can't just flip through the channels at will without stopping to wait for the receiver to catch up.

Yes, it is aggravating given the "high tech" image of TWC and what you have to pay out each month for the service.... unacceptable.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:44 PM

375 posts, read 1,143,209 times
We had the same issue with the Cisco box - and the old SAs. After 4 months of switching boxes constantly, we gave up and went with DirecTV. It's a miracle - I can finally record shows like I've been paying for all along!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:15 PM

249 posts, read 691,772 times
We switched to DISH in August and its been heaven. I currently have about 25 shows recorded on my DVR and it says I still have 42 hours of HD space available and 270 hours of SD space available. My TWC Scientific Atlantic would have been full long ago. I remember I taped a sporting event once in HD and it took up over 35% of the space. TWC is a joke. Yes they have newer boxes but unless you specifically ask for one, they end up giving you a crappy old box.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:32 AM

632 posts, read 1,843,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanvald View Post
Yes they have newer boxes but unless you specifically ask for one, they end up giving you a crappy old box.
What are the newer boxes? I don't think it's the one I got. And why the heck does it "run" all the time? That thing stays hot.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:17 PM

6 posts, read 14,862 times
I qualify as "STUPID"
I pay 124.52/month for B A S I C cable (no HD/specials) and basic internet.
I FEEL screwed.
I now found that my BASIC cable will go up by 5 bucks a month -
and my basic internet will go up by 3.99 a month.
Now screwed is actually raped.
No government entity is representing us here - no price control - no protection.
I guess that quitting all of this crap is the only out!!
Suggestions....please.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM

5 posts, read 7,315 times
I posted this in another thread:

Call timewarner and complain about the pricing. Schedule a disconnect date. Look up the twc executive customer service numbers (they're easy to find). I called the regular number and ended up speaking with retention and they told me the best they could do was knock $5 off my turbo. My bill had gone from $35 a month for turbo to $60 a month including the new modem rental fee in less than 6 months. After I complained to the executive level folks "customer care advocate" I got the same run-arround with the $5 off. I told them that if they weren't going to take care of their long term customers, then I would find someone else who would and hung up. About 15 minutes later I got a call from the local twc complaints department and she had a price of $44 including the modem rental fee for turbo for a year with no contract. I asked why I had to go through all the games with them and she told me the people I spoke with had the same prices available to them and I shouldn't have had to even threaten to leave, let alone schedule a disconnect.
Be persistent and be prepared to disconnect. They will call back.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
I canceled TWC because I was paying almost $80 for standard internet and basic TV(20 channels)
I had tried to get a "new customer " price and gave up.

It was no bluff..If I couldn't get better pricing I was done with TWC.

A guy called that was independently working with TWC..I have no idea the relationship exactly.
He set me up with $19 / month for basic internet that is streaming netflix just fine so far..

If I miss the TV I plan to do a $30 to $40 plan with Dish or Direct TV..
With so much online & on Netflix I haven't missed the TV yet..

If you direct message me I can give you his name & number.
He was great and followed through on answers and call backs and such..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary