Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR_Girly View Post
its great to know that NC has 1 safe city in the top 100...
and 7 of the most dangerous cities in the top 100...blast!
Let's not rain on the parade

Keep this on topic, and positive. Maybe you could start a new thread about the 7 most dangerous. It would probably get a lot of discussion.

I didn't expect this thread to be so active, but it's great to read all the good comments about Wake Forest. Thanks, all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 PM

40 posts, read 133,916 times
I am a resident & homeowner in WF....but I am sad to say we do have some isolated non violent crime issues... often burglary of retail stores nearby the Wal-Mart shopping center in Wake Forest ie. "robbery of the manager at gunpoint of Arby's last Saturday at 1:AM in the morning by an unknown masked black male" per the Wake Weekly. Generally speaking WFF is very safe feeling, slow-moderate growth with the new Kohl's, Mellow Mushroom, Heritage HS to name a few. It is a family oriented community on the NW outskirts of Wake County that offers small town charm, good schools, many new home communities and all the conveniences to make life easy. Check it out...

Last edited by Rick Tortora; 07-23-2009 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-24-2009, 06:41 AM

2,376 posts, read 2,930,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Tortora View Post
I am a resident & homeowner in WF....but I am sad to say we do have some isolated non violent crime issues... often burglary of retail stores nearby the Wal-Mart shopping center in Wake Forest ie. "robbery of the manager at gunpoint of Arby's last Saturday at 1:AM in the morning by an unknown masked black male" per the Wake Weekly. Generally speaking WFF is very safe feeling, slow-moderate growth with the new Kohl's, Mellow Mushroom, Heritage HS to name a few. It is a family oriented community on the NW outskirts of Wake County that offers small town charm, good schools, many new home communities and all the conveniences to make life easy. Check it out...
Those non violent crime issues are all over the Triangle. My brother and parents both live in mid-to-upper income neighborhoods in North Raleigh and they have the same petty theft issues.

That is just the price of entry when you move to the Triangle - not just Wake Forest.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:40 PM

39 posts, read 128,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
Those non violent crime issues are all over the Triangle. My brother and parents both live in mid-to-upper income neighborhoods in North Raleigh and they have the same petty theft issues.

That is just the price of entry when you move to the Triangle - not just Wake Forest.
I wouldn't call robbery at gunpoint non-violent.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralct View Post
I wouldn't call robbery at gunpoint non-violent.

It's a business. You can expect that at a business at closing time in any town, any state. It's closing time, and that means the day's deposits are there (or not, if they make an earlier deposit).

These events don't make a place unsafe. We need to be reasonable about these things. I agree that Wake Forest is a peaceful, attractive place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary