U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:53 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,242,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I always wondered how they divided the schools, since one side of the subdivision is in Chatham County and the other is in Durham County.
I see that 8 of their home sites sit in Durham Co and about another 8 that sit part in Durham county and part in Chatham county. I have NO idea which schools those people whose lots are in both counties are zoned for. ???

But not really something I'll ever had to worry about. If I have a million to drop on a house it will either have more than an acre or be a great old urban mansion.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 04:12 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,658,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Yeah, but does this co-worker have children that would like to go outside to play occasionally? There does not seem to be much if any yard space in the rear of these homes for kids to play etc.
No kids but his house backs up to the woods.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:07 PM

225 posts, read 459,746 times
Colvard Farms: Most of the lots are in Chatham County and only a few to the North are in Durham. Great area with walking trails, pool & rec. house. Very pet friendly area, close to every retail service needed, 15 minutes to airport and five minutes to I-40.
We purchased in Feb. of 2008 after looking at Toll in Orange County, Governors Club, and all of the newer subdivisions in Chatham County decided upon Colvard Farms. Just last week went thru all three of the model homes from Toll in the Hills of Southpoint, and even though they are beautiful, they are not the lasting quality of a Loyd home in Colvard. It's true some of the homes are very expensive, but you could probably close on one of the existing houses for $500-600K. As you might guess we are very happy here.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 AM

4 posts, read 11,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Yeah, but does this co-worker have children that would like to go outside to play occasionally? There does not seem to be much if any yard space in the rear of these homes for kids to play etc.
I'm just curious, how much land do you typically get in this area of Durham? We are building at the Hills of Southpoint and our lot will be just under 1/3 of an acre. We are building one of the Carolina Collection homes, which is the low end of the neighborhood. As you move up into the other, more expensive collections, you also get larger lot sizes. I by no means think the lot is big, but I don't find it too small (but that's just my opinion).

Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 AM

225 posts, read 459,746 times
Joebobbobjoe:
Don't know about other sub-divisions, but at Colvard Farms, the Edgewood Drive street are .25 acre lots, while most of the other streets have .5 to .75 acre lots.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:53 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,242,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbobjoe View Post
I'm just curious, how much land do you typically get in this area of Durham? We are building at the Hills of Southpoint and our lot will be just under 1/3 of an acre. We are building one of the Carolina Collection homes, which is the low end of the neighborhood. As you move up into the other, more expensive collections, you also get larger lot sizes. I by no means think the lot is big, but I don't find it too small (but that's just my opinion).
Most of the SDs along 751, Fayetteville, & Herndon (all South of Southpoint) are just under 1/3 of an acre. There are couple that are about .17, but around the 1/3 mark is standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary