Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 PM

683 posts, read 1,883,393 times

Advertisements

I moved in to Brampton Moors in Cary last month and had to pay the following fees when I applied:
$30 application fee
$300 security deposit (refundable if denied, kept if approved)
There is also a $125 non-refundable fee (kept whether denied or approved) but it was waived during a special when I applied.

When I moved in I had to pay the following fees:
Pro-rated June rent

Pet fees are $250 for the first pet and $150 for the second. Monthly pet rent $10 per month, per pet. (I do not have pets though.)

Trash fees are not applicable and renters insurance is not required.

Rent includes water and sewage.

They were very clear about what fees were required when I applied and when I signed my lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 PM

850 posts, read 4,739,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
My calculator says that $10-$14 per month equals $120-$168 per year - so it seems that $240/year would definitely be on the high side. I'd shop around to save $72-$120 per year.
My bad, that's what I get for running quick figures in my head with a 2 year old running around me. No need to be snarky about it.

And yes, as Saturn mentioned, the $100,000 is for liability, not belongings and it's the standard figure for any communities requiring renter's insurance.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:41 PM

99 posts, read 307,143 times
I'm wondering if the Original Poster has never rented an apartment before? I'm renting in Cary and none of the fees I paid were any different than when I was last renting in Texas. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that instead of the $150+ deposit, I could just pay for an $87.50 bond.

I can't remember if I paid an application fee, since I did everything via the phone/email, but if I did it could not have been more than $25.

The fees I paid at move in were in 3 separate checks as follows:
1st month's rent
pet deposit
bond

Water is billed to my rent so the payment fluctuates each month but I'm given a statement at least 2 weeks prior to rent being due. My complex does have valet trash and I think that is between $12-18/month.

I have renter's insurance, which is under $10/month. There was not a required amount to be covered, just that I show proof that I have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary