Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:07 AM

431 posts, read 978,597 times

Advertisements

I went to the job listings for all those places and it seems most are health and IT. The IT ones mostly want high level people which is great if you qualify and there should be a lot of people that do in this area, but it's no good for me. I won't be on the hunt until after Xmas anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 05:49 PM

393 posts, read 670,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
No need to provide more information, ApexIntruder.

The unemployed are well aware of which jobs are available and from which companies.
The title of the thread is "Where are the jobs in NC". That is a good question and I decided to answer it. NC is a very poor state overall and has a higher than average unemployment rate. Good thing for those of us in the Triangle is that we are not representative of the state. We have a lower than average unemployment rate, although much too high for our liking. As it was asked where the jobs are, I thought it would help out those looking to post where they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Curious about where you got this information? And what kind of jobs are these, exactly? And how many are available?
The information came from multiple sources. Some were from articles recently posted, some were from the companies websites and a lot were from a "Monster" of a job search website.

Most of the jobs are IT, Healthcare and Business Services. I am not sure how many are available, as there were so many I did not count. I wish the number was high enough to employ everyone, but it is not at this time. One common thing now, as it was even 5 years ago, is the need for degrees or even advanced degrees. This is a tougher area for those without degrees. There is a lot of competition here. That can be a good thing, as well as a bad thing.

Quote:
In fact, you'd be doing a great service to all the unemployed folks if you'd kindly post links to H/R websites, or classified ads, or mailing address (including the names of people actually making the hiring decisions) for the companies that you listed. Job titles and required experience would also be much appreciated.

Thanks.
That's a great idea DOTM. I was under the impression that would have been against the TOS, so I didn't post that. However, with your blessing, I certainly will attempt to start adding that info. With all the crappy weather expected the next few days, I am sure I can find the time to try and help out some of those looking for jobs.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,782,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexIntruder View Post
That's a great idea DOTM. I was under the impression that would have been against the TOS, so I didn't post that. However, with your blessing, I certainly will attempt to start adding that info. With all the crappy weather expected the next few days, I am sure I can find the time to try and help out some of those looking for jobs.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.
Well, if you're simply going to post links from other sites, no you can't. You talk as though you have inside information on employment opportunities that job-hunters apparently don't know about. That would be of value to our members but merely saying that jobs are available, based on sites like Monster.com isn't helpful. I'm sure job hunters already know about those.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 PM

393 posts, read 670,240 times
Quote:
Well, if you're simply going to post links from other sites, no you can't. You talk as though you have inside information on employment opportunities that job-hunters apparently don't know about. That would be of value to our members but merely saying that jobs are available, based on sites like Monster.com isn't helpful. I'm sure job hunters already know about those.
No problem. Thank you for the clarification. I will just leave it where I did by answering the question in the thread title. When I had received inside information, I did indeed get members of this forum employment, but I did it via DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary